Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

should I buy two wigs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
gaiagaia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaiagaia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 1:16pm
Printer_Ink, I love all your advices!!!!
Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links

gaiagaia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaiagaia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2013 at 1:16pm
Printer_Ink, I love all your advices!!!!
Thank you!!!
lovebeautyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebeautyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2013 at 11:44pm
Thumbs Up
brieSFCA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brieSFCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Definitely option b. Just have 2 wigs with the different textures .. otherwise the regular heat will damage the kc unit.

Glue? Umm sure .. I don't see a problem removing it more often. The thing is, you need to always apply a skin protectant to your skin anyway so your skin should not be damaged when you apply and remove more often. You should use a Diaper rash ointment in between applications to sooth your skin as well.  5 minutes goes a long way!

But I think you should use tape to get the unit to stay on your head and glue just down the edges LIGHTLY for the esthetics so that it looks like it's growing out of your head. This is what I do - but I don't use the glue to really keep the unit on my head. Noooo too weak. You would have to use a lot of glue and that would be a mess.

As far as your natural hair .. you should never let the tape or the glue get on your natural hair anyway. Oh no, because that would damage your natural hair - so how often you remove the unit would have no impact on your natural hair at all.

(It reiterate .. do not get the glue/tape on your natural hair or it will be just as damaging as a weave. These units can grow out your natural hair quite safely actually.

Otherwise you will end up down there in the Hair growth section trying to find a remedy for your lost hairline! Shocked You should read those posts girl!

I think there is a correlation between the high number of posts in the Weave forum and the high number of posts in the Hair Growth forum. Confused Those two sections have the highest number of posts up here in the Hair Care section and I don't think this is a coincidence either.Dead

What type of tape do you use because I bought some from the BSS and the adhesive was not effective and also it appeared shiny under my lace... So I've been sticking to the GB, which I applied weekly, but im going to use the diaper rash ointment method for skin protectant because that GB was tearin my hair line up!
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 12:04am
@Printer Ink
Thank you so much for your advice. I've been wanting to ask the same thing. Can't start new threads however. ( Emailed BHM and never got a response.) Thanks so much!!!!!!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

@Printer Ink
Thank you so much for your advice. I've been wanting to ask the same thing. Can't start new threads however. ( Emailed BHM and never got a response.) Thanks so much!!!!!!

Rajin, are you able to start posts in the newbie section?
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2013 at 1:31am
Originally posted by brieSFCA brieSFCA wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Definitely option b. Just have 2 wigs with the different textures .. otherwise the regular heat will damage the kc unit.

Glue? Umm sure .. I don't see a problem removing it more often. The thing is, you need to always apply a skin protectant to your skin anyway so your skin should not be damaged when you apply and remove more often. You should use a Diaper rash ointment in between applications to sooth your skin as well.  5 minutes goes a long way!

But I think you should use tape to get the unit to stay on your head and glue just down the edges LIGHTLY for the esthetics so that it looks like it's growing out of your head. This is what I do - but I don't use the glue to really keep the unit on my head. Noooo too weak. You would have to use a lot of glue and that would be a mess.

As far as your natural hair .. you should never let the tape or the glue get on your natural hair anyway. Oh no, because that would damage your natural hair - so how often you remove the unit would have no impact on your natural hair at all.

(It reiterate .. do not get the glue/tape on your natural hair or it will be just as damaging as a weave. These units can grow out your natural hair quite safely actually.

Otherwise you will end up down there in the Hair growth section trying to find a remedy for your lost hairline! Shocked You should read those posts girl!

I think there is a correlation between the high number of posts in the Weave forum and the high number of posts in the Hair Growth forum. Confused Those two sections have the highest number of posts up here in the Hair Care section and I don't think this is a coincidence either.Dead

What type of tape do you use because I bought some from the BSS and the adhesive was not effective and also it appeared shiny under my lace... So I've been sticking to the GB, which I applied weekly, but im going to use the diaper rash ointment method for skin protectant because that GB was tearin my hair line up!

I use different things - you have to balance out the strong hold with how strong the chemicals are on your skin. I rate them below.

Strongest: Supertape in the winter - I cycle off this in the summer and I probably will not buy any more once this roll runs out.
Strong:Ultrahold Tape Mini Tabs tape in the summer or winter. (super tape is too strong in the summer) Love these tabs.
Not as strong but the gentlest on my skin: Proflex noshine - now called NS-Pro 5000PX No Shine I use in the front 'part' - because there is no shine. This tape is the gentlest tape in terms of chemicals so sometimes I use this all around when I feel the other two are too strong - and need a break. NS-Pro 5000PX No Shine is not as strong as the others but I have the little straps at the base of my unit in the back which really keeps the unit secure so that along with this tape is perfect.

Glue: I find the gentlest I can like Davlyn ... but I really like the water-based HD White Adhesive. Gentle formulation is the way to go ... in general.

Give it a try.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style