Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Fashion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should i become a fashion desingner in the future?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Should i become a fashion desingner in the future?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Susanne007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanne007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should i become a fashion desingner in the future?
    Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 2:43am

Hello Friends!
I am planning to become a fashion designer in the future but i have no more about these.
So can anyone guide me.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 6:01am
It is rough to do. Without some connections it will be a long and very hard road. Get in now, blog, do videos. Get sponsors, do internships. Learn everything you can and buy some magazines. It won't be easy but it is possible. And it'll be very helpful if you learned French or Italian.
MsCheeks86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsCheeks86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 8:03am
I remember when I was going to do this. Your heart has to really be in it. Figure out exactly what you want and why you want it. Network like crazy and start researching and reading and listening to everything you can find on this so you can have the final judgement if this is for you or not. Research stuff on the economy and how this career choice normally does in a recession. 

Then start looking at schools and talking to the other students, alumni, and advisers. Go to info sessions and request brochures. Use times like salary.com and think about where you want to be 1 yr from now, 5 yr from now, 20 yrs from now with this career choice. 

I'm sorry but I say all this because I wish it was said to me. I'm not trying to scare you out of this but I just want you to have clarity for yourself. 

Also if you do decide to become a fashion designer and go to school for this I will suggest taking additional courses such as a business/management/entrepreneur program.
Amillion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2013 at 11:44am
Study fashion!  Know the designers (mainstream, underground, indi etc), know photographers, stylists, editors and magazines.  Research trends and stay ahead of the curve. 

As an upcoming designer, you really want to reach out to as many stylists, editors and fashion bloggers as possible. They will get your garments the exposure you need.  You can also use avenues such as etsy and instagram to promote you business and give exposure.

Good luck.
ConnorJohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConnorJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 11:35pm
Yes, you can definitely be a fashion designer if you have deep interest in this field and this is the best field for career purpose. The most important thing a fashion designer needs is that he must be aware with all the latest fashion trends and must be able to design clothes in that manner. It will be good for you if you learn something from a well experienced designers who are already in this field since a long. And another thing you can do is go for web-resources to find some great source of inspiration for that.You can get some idea from "Clockwork-Orange net" because it offers the best designer clothes online and mens designer clothes and womens designer clothes as well.So it can a reference for you.
veenitashinde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veenitashinde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 6:56am
Hello,
surely you will become a fashion designer in future. If you like fashion then you will definitely make fashionable clothes with using new ideas.

feelblessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 3:20pm
Fashion designing is fun. I love to sew even though I definitely need classes.
I make tote bags for the children and I made a dress for my daughter. I also made myself an outfit for full figured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 3:37pm
Here are a few things I made in my spare time...I really love to sew even though I need classes..lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 3:39pm

This is a blouse ..full figured
The picture is side ways

Edited by feelblessed - May 31 2013 at 3:39pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feelblessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2013 at 3:40pm

My jacket
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style