Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Should Engaged/Married women wear dresses like

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

there's a particular poster Im expecting to come to that exact conclusion, although I've never seen her in a dress of any kind shape or description

and no it isn't you Purple LOL

I bet you think this song is about you!
Sponsored Links

BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

If I saw a woman walking around the street or mall like that, id judge her. Outfits like dat just aren't cute and kind of a waste of money. I could probably make those dresses at home. All you have to do is make some cutouts on a dress and cover it with pantyhose

Dead
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:49pm

DIY: MESH DRESS

diydress1.jpg

Inspired by the incredibly sexy and well tressed/dressed Alice Dellal, I decided to make my own dare-to-bare dress for my 25th birthday. Here are the DIY instructions to make your own scandalous Birthday Suit!

YOU’LL NEED  

• American Apparel Mesh Dress
  • 2 yards of black cotton jersey (anything with stretch will work)
  • Light but durable paper for pattern-making (mine was 17″ x 31″)
  • Scissors, needle, and black thread
  • Demi-cup bra

1. TAKE SHAPE Halve your sheet of paper and start drawing the top half of the pattern. Here I used a ruler to create straight lines. As a general guide, take a strapless demi-cup bra to ensure that your pattern gives you enough coverage. Continue drawing until you have completed the pattern. TIP Place the completed pattern over your body and dress to ensure it will have enough top and bottom coverage.

diydress2.jpg

2. SNIP SNIP Cut the fabric with your pattern. Be liberal with pins: you need to make laser edge cuts. TIP Highly recommend using sewing shears unless you plan to finish the raw edge

diydress5.jpg

3. STITCH BY STICH Pin the fabric onto the dress turned inside-out. Sew very delicately–mesh cannot take super tight stitches. Sew in sections; this way if you ‘mess up’ you won’t have to take the whole seam out. Try it on after the bust area has been sewed together. If all looks well, continue sewing. TIP Make sure you leave about 1/2 inch on the sides to prevent pulling once the dress is on.

diydress7_0.jpg

4. PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT Use the same pattern to create a piece for the back. TIP Place against the front to ensure the sides meet, so your profile will have a continuous line.

5. FINITO!

diydress4.jpg
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:51pm
I notice when I go out and dress appropriately and nice I get more attention from men than when I go out dressed like a hoochie mama hoe.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:51pm

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

this when they go out on the town with friends?

i wouldnt wear that but i kinda like it. but yeah i only change the way i look cause im working or whatever...other than that i always dress the way i want.
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:54pm
if you got it, flaunt it.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:56pm
yall are tacky

jr.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:58pm
lol...

i do love sheer.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

yall are tacky

jr.

black men like it

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon