FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedShould couples have curfews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 4:30am
Curfew? No but I would like a text or phone call saying your ok. I worry about him getting hit by a drunk driver. I blame watching an HBO show about it when I was a kid. They said after 2am the number of people in an accident on the weekends goes up because people are on the road after leaving bars. 
Sponsored Links

MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:03am
I think a lot of you are insecure. I think 45 minutes to an hour after an event or club closes you should be home. Here the club closes at 4 so 4:25 is fine. Doing it on a regular basis is too much though. Lock me out and we are on fast track to divorce. Where is his key anyway? That ish would mske me do it again just to prove a point then. Thats not how you solve a problem. Its actually childish.
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:16am
Well if my man isn't back home before 1am, he better have a good excuse otherwise he's gonna feel my wrath. Curfew or not, staying out that late is disrespectful on both parts. If I stayed out that late, he wouldnt be happy at all! And checking in is mandatory if he ever has to stay out late, because he'd expect the same from me.

"Only thing open that time of night are legs"

Edited by Allure. - Jan 25 2013 at 5:18am
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:25am
And if he was at a rap concert here the artist may not even make it in stage til one or so. Ill be damned if I miss Scarface and you hear im at a concert in background. The issue for me with OP would be the fact he had been gone since 7. Every "stay out late" occasion is different and should be discussed prior to any anger. Now if you agreed or stated you would be home by one but came in three hours later with no update call or text that won't work.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:02am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

So your brother didn't know the code to disarm the system?

yeah, it wasn't an alarm ....

it was like an additional bolt lock that is propped on the floor and clamped under the door knob from the inside.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:26am
First of all i dont understand locking someone out of their own house. You are not their parent. If i stay out until 4am my husband will know where im at and vice versa. But i cant think of any reason to be out that late.
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 9:55am
I didn't read all the pages, but hubby used to hang out more with me and my friends/family. He stopped a long time ago. He says we stay up way too late for him. So me coming in at 4-6am is nothing. But like Purp, I am quick to call him @ 4am to tell him to come get my drunk A$$.LOL
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 11:10am

Couples should exercise consideration.

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 11:28am
Curfews IMO are for ppl who don't have enough sense to act responsibly--therefore need an external rule to substitute for the lack of consideration for one's family.

We don't have "curfews" but its understood that if one of us is going to be out longer then anticipated, we should call and "check in".  Not rocket science.

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by freedom76 freedom76 wrote:

I didn't read all the pages, but hubby used to hang out more with me and my friends/family. He stopped a long time ago. He says we stay up way too late for him. So me coming in at 4-6am is nothing. But like Purp, I am quick to call him @ 4am to tell him to come get my drunk A$$.LOL

I don't drink, but replace drunk with LOST and me too! When I was younger and hanging out, I used to stay lost in DC. We could be outside at our cars in parking lot and my GF would say "so you're ok, you know where to turn?" and I'd say "yeah I got it." Get out of the parking lot and by the 2nd turn I'd be lost. Usually because the first turn was a 1-way street and I'd have to go to next one or find one where I can make a U turn and then remember where my turn was by the time I get back to the street.

I'd end up calling home "can you get the map and tell me how to get home" and if I was really frustrated, "come get me!" LOL

When GPS came out , my hub got me one right away and said 'now you'll never be lost again.'LOL and I know he was thinking -- more importantly, I can get some sleep!

Edited by PurpleHaze - Jan 25 2013 at 5:04pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic