FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should children skip grades?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

the OP is about children

Beatrice, you are talking about kids in grades K - 6, right?  Maybe I am wrong

im still all for it

imho, kindergarten is overrated,

you dont need it imho
Sponsored Links

nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 5:51pm
I was supposed to skip one grade, but my parents wouldn't let me. I think I was fine in grades K-4 since I was able to go to older grades for reading, but I was pretty bored in 6-12 grade (except for AP calculus Angry).

My brother was supposed to skip two grades, but my parents wouldn't let me. He's a senior in college and is STILL bored. He doesn't get As in school, but that's because "I don't need an A to graduate." Ermm Too smart for his own good. Since at least the 3rd grade, he's been calculating the minimum score required to pass, and STOPS TAKING TESTS when he reaches a passing grade. Like pages of the test won't even be complete because he has a C+ and that's all he needs.

His behind should've been skipped like 10 grades. He's the most social person you'd ever meet, and he would've been fine.
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

im still all for it

you dont need it imho
not all states require kindergarten. a lot of people don't know this, but many states will let a child start 1st grade without ever attending kindergarten.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by nikietc nikietc wrote:

im still all for it

you dont need it imho
not all states require kindergarten. a lot of people don't know this, but many states will let a child start 1st grade without ever attending kindergarten.

Yup.
I recall my mom saying you don't have to put kids in school until they're 7.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 6:03pm
well i think the year they turn six is a good year to start imho
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 7:54pm

well i think the year they turn six is a good year to start imho
another state issue.

it's you have to be X age by Y date. fairly arbitrary, and many people get around it by starting in a private school.
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:01pm
it depends on if they are socially prepared for it, my cousin was smart enough, but wasn't mature enough
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:30pm

I'd always finish my work "too soon" and start talking to the other students out of boredom and the teacher would punish me for it.Ermm In kindergarden they wanted me to skip twice to the 3rd grade. My mom asked if I wanted to and I said no. I was put in a program called Gifted/Quest with other kids ahead of their classmates. They asked me to skip again the next year and I told them no again.

I think parents should at least take into consideration whether or not the child wants to skip.

Edited by OrriannaRose - Nov 08 2012 at 8:31pm
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 8:39pm
yes im for it...if it's what the child wants.

I had the opportunity to skip a grade..but I said nope...parents agreed.

kindergarten is blah IMO. my dad taught me at home until I went to first grade.
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2012 at 9:10pm
Depends on the child. My brother was smart enough to skip, but my parents were against it because he is easily influenced, and was already a known troublemaker.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>