BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Shots fired at the Capitol in DC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Actually G I would probably say the same thing no matter who it was.  That's just my feeling on deadly force.  I understand they have to do what they have to do but its never going to sit right with me that she needed help and didn't / couldn't get it / ended up dead.  Its just sad.   I know you're not negating that I'm just pointing out why some of us feel really bad about what happened to her.   Mental illness is not being properly treated in our country so you have stuff like this going on all the time. 

I think the situation is sad but im not surprised by the outcome. And it seems that her mental illness may have been the cause behind her death. I agree that this country continues to turn a blind eye to mental illness until something happens. I mean when you think about it we see commercials on tv for ppl in need of help tackling cancer, alcoholism, drugs, hell even sexual dysfunction but you never hear these type of campaigns for mental health and awareness. Even worse is that its not something that is given enough attention in the AA community.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 12:55pm
IA with this...

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

A person tried to ram their car through the security gates of the white house and yall dont understand why they were shot? for real? I mean no one knew a child was in the car or her mental state at that time. Im saying tho if it werent a blk woman would folks be saying "they didnt have to shoot her".... her car became her weapon  when she tried to charge the gate and when she avoided arrest.  No one knows what was going on in her head that day but its a shame she made her child apart of it all.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Actually G I would probably say the same thing no matter who it was.  That's just my feeling on deadly force.  I understand they have to do what they have to do but its never going to sit right with me that she needed help and didn't / couldn't get it / ended up dead.  Its just sad.   I know you're not negating that I'm just pointing out why some of us feel really bad about what happened to her.   Mental illness is not being properly treated in our country so you have stuff like this going on all the time. 

I think the situation is sad but im not surprised by the outcome. And it seems that her mental illness may have been the cause behind her death. I agree that this country continues to turn a blind eye to mental illness until something happens. I mean when you think about it we see commercials on tv for ppl in need of help tackling cancer, alcoholism, drugs, hell even sexual dysfunction but you never hear these type of campaigns for mental health and awareness. Even worse is that its not something that is given enough attention in the AA community.

Same thing with the Navy yard shooting.  I really hate that he had to die instead of getting help but there really is no other choice in a situation like this.   So many missed opportunities inside their community before they go outside of it an hurt other people.   The families can't get them help for more that 72 hours.   Couldn't even get that baby away from her unless they could get her committed long term.   Its heartbreaking. 

I don't blame the way they responded because there was no reasoning with her and she put many lives in danger.   That was clear from the video when she just sped away with all those officers surrounding her.   I just wish there was a protocol for how to handle people who show up like that.   Like take them to a "waiting room" or something and play along until someone comes to get them.   There really was no way to get her out of the car though, that was the Whitehouse and she could have been anyone.   Its just really unfortunate all around. 

I have two female cousins who behave this way off meds.  It scares me to death. 

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:15pm

A person tried to ram their car through the security gates of the white house and yall dont understand why they were shot? for real? I mean no one knew a child was in the car or her mental state at that time. Im saying tho if it werent a blk woman would folks be saying "they didnt have to shoot her".... her car became her weapon  when she tried to charge the gate and when she avoided arrest.  No one knows what was going on in her head that day but its a shame she made her child apart of it all.

Thank you. If that were any other ethnicity/race/whatevuh this thread woulda been 30 pages of 'you gon learn today' gifs and /shrug posts. And don't let it had been a white woman. Gurrrrrlllllllllll!
Krystal Klear View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Krystal Klear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:52pm
I think we should build more facilities for the mentally ill and keep them there.  Mixing with society when off their meds is such a gamble with innocent livesCry
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Thank you. If that were any other ethnicity/race/whatevuh this thread woulda been 30 pages of 'you gon learn today' gifs and /shrug posts. And don't let it had been a white woman. Gurrrrrlllllllllll!

same thing that would've happened in the Range Rover thread...but hey. Stern Smile
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 4:58pm
You tried it. Bless your lil bad with analogies heart.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:00pm
it's really no different.  white bikers, black family...y'all woulda been loving it.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:00pm
Lemme know when you ready to hug it out wonder.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 5:02pm
Hug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>