Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Shooting in NJ Mall...

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shooting in NJ Mall...
    Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:23pm

Shooting reported at Garden State Plaza mall

garden-state-plaza-mall-nj.jpg
An outside view of the Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus, where police are responding to reports of a possible shooting. (Myles Ma/NJ.com)

Follow on Twitter
on November 04, 2013 at 9:50 PM, updated November 04, 2013 at 10:16 PM

PARAMUS — Police are reportedly responding to reports of a possible shooting at the Garden State Plaza mall in Bergen County tonight.

Shots were fired inside the mall shortly after it closed for the night at about 9:30 p.m., according to a report by CBS-2 in New York.

A representative of the Bergen County Police department told The Star-Ledger that police are responding to an incident at the Garden State Plaza mall, but she would not confirm the incident is a shooting.

News 4 New York is reporting that a man dressed in black clothing was armed with a rifle and began firing shots inside the popular mall. The TV station attributed that account to witnesses.

Live video footage on News 12 New Jersey is showing dozens of law enforcement vehicles surrounding the mall off Route 17 at this hour. A witness named Robert told News 12 that a police car crashed into a guardrail outside the mall, near the Nordstrom department store.

"I've had goosebumps, and the hair on my neck is standing up," he told News 12.

Another witness, who identified herself as Margaret, told News 12 she was inside the mall with her sister in the MAC cosmetics store tonight when they heard what sounded "like firecrackers that you throw down."

"It was very surreal," said Andre Munoz, another witness interviewed by News 12. "I couldn't believe it. I was almost in disbelief."

Customers inside the mall were reportedly ordered to drop to the floor, and lights inside stores were turned off, according to News 12. The shooter is reportedly on the loose.

The Twitter social networking site has been active tonight with reports of a shooting at the mall. So far, there have been no reports of any injuries.

Star-Ledger staff writers Naomi Nix, Amy Kuperinsky, Len Melisurgo and Caryn Shinske contributed to this report.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:29pm
Da hell is going on now?Sleepy

These gun incidents could be so easily avoided...
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:35pm
not again...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:49pm

Shots Fired At Garden State Plaza Mall In New Jersey

Details Developing On Incident Monday Night

November 4, 2013 10:33 PM
View Comments
Police arrive to a shooting at Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus, N.J. (credit: Jessica Schneider/CBS 2)

Police arrive to a shooting at Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus, N.J. (credit: Jessica Schneider/CBS 2)

PARAMUS N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Police responded in force Monday evening, as an active shooter was reported on the rampage at the Westfield Garden State Plaza Mall.

Police sources told WCBS 880′s Steve Scott there was still an active shooter at the mall as of 10:15 p.m. No details about injuries were immediately available.

Scott initially reported sources said people had been hit, but it was not immediately confirmed whether anyone was.

A SWAT team was seen storming the mall as of just before 10:30 p.m.

Shots were fired inside the mall beginning sometime before the mall in Paramus, N.J. closed for the night at 9:30 p.m.

The man firing the shots was reportedly walking around in full body gear and a helmet, with an assault rifle.

An estimated 200 police units were on the scene, and a mass-casualty unit was required.

A witness tweeted that a shooting happened “over by Nordstrom on the second floor.”

As of 9:50 p.m., the mall was on lockdown, people inside confirmed to CBS 2.

“I was at the mall, and I saw a bunch of people running a bunch of people yelling, ‘There’s a shooting! There’s a shooting!” said Joseph Elfar, a Rutgers student. “So me and my friend were at the Sprint store, and we start running out. We start running towards the exit, and a lot of people were running out the mall.

“As I was closing the store, I heard these loud fire-cracking noises. I never heard a gunshot before,” Adam, an employee at the Michael Kors store, told WCBS 880. ” … I had a customer that shopped before, and she was running back into the store and saying, ‘Someone has a gun.’ So automatically, I … started locking the gate and told the staff to go to the back with the customers even in the store.”

While her claim has not been confirmed, one mall employee told 1010 WINS there may have been more than one shooter.

“There was two people in armored suits with AK-47s just going around shooting people randomly,” she said.

An employee also told 1010 WINS she was locked in the basement of the mall.

Anyone near the junction of Routes 4 and 17 was advised to stay inside.

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:52pm
I stop reading the book of revelations because it's like watching the news . I am afraid to take my baby to mall for pictures or shopping . I pray God will protect my family daily from such evil .
The malls need to turn the concern to shooters instead of shoplifters and teens acting silly.

Increase in the wickedness, murder and crime among men.   (Matthew 24, Luke 21, 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 4:3-4)

People will not believe the signs (2 Peter 3:3-4, Matthew 16:1-4

Edited by india100 - Nov 04 2013 at 9:54pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 9:55pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2013 at 10:02pm
Time for metal detectors and screening like the airline and schools . Why can't they find the shooter ?
decemberdiamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decemberdiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 7:50am
This is one of my favorite malls le sigh, I am glad he only ended up taking himself out there were no other injuries.
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:19am
the movies aren't safe
the malls aren't safe
the schools
my gosh

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2013 at 8:34am
he didnt shoot at anybody.  he was shot at the sealing and didnt aim his gun at anyone.  he was trying to commit suicide by cop but i guess that didnt work out too well.  they found him around 3:30 am in a construction area.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic