Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Sherri Shepherd Files For Divorce

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 76>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I can't imagine what it must be like going through something like this while the eyes of the world are transfixed on you. True, she did kind of set herself up by telling the world how eager (even desperate) she was to marry and all but damn... Divorce is such a traumatic thing to go through. If I had the whole world criticizing my decisions and judgement while I was going through it on top of my own personal pain, I'd be in a freakin' straight jacket. Black women are so harsh with other black women. It's normal to search for love in life. It's also part of life to falter. I would be more harsh with her if she hadn't protected herself with a prenup. But she did. She did protect herself to some extent and took a chance on love and it failed. I truly feel bad for her.

He don't look like he can put anything down in the bedroom except a rosbeef sammich though

Took a chance on love? I guess that's what we're calling stupidity now.

She got divorced in 2009. Barely took time to deal with that and moving to the east coast for the view and getting her special needs son settled into a good life. Then dated new dude for ONLY A YEAR before getting married in 2011.

People tried to tell her she was being dumb but she didn't want to listen. As a black woman the last thing I'm trying to do is support people's dysfunctional decision making, especially when there's a child involved. I guess that's too "harsh".
Sponsored Links

hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 1:37pm
I think she rushed the marriage because she was being celibate
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

I had the same thought
(but didn't dare post it LOLLOL)
eta: I don't really think a year is rushed, but I think she may have ignored some warning signs because the celibacy thing messed with her decision making skills. 

Edited by PurplePhase - May 18 2014 at 2:21pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 1:42pm
@what she finds attractive
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 1:49pm
Umm I think everyone takes a 'chance' when they fall in love and get married.

If you meet the perfect guy, date for 3 years, have pre-marriiage counselling, have financial counseling etc and then get married ... it's still taking a 'chance' because ... unexpected things happen. To me this would be taking a chance based on reasonable circumstances - meaning there are no obvious red flags. That's the one thing.

But in Sherri's case she got divorced in 2009 and bragged about being celibate and talking about getting a man ... and puff in 2011 she got married.

Umm but how is it that in the year they dated (2010) she did not realize he made 30k and that at some point he was out of work and was lying?

Seems like just normal dinners out, seeing his house etc .. she would have realized that the dude was struggling. I've dated guys that could not afford to take me out to The Olive Garden .. so then I knew right there what was going on.

Now I read about the 3 carat diamond ring? Who paid for that ring?

I'll bet SHE paid for it and the wedding and every darn thing else in that relationship. She was carrying him... and blind to his failings.

So to me... she was doing more than taking a chance on love - she just wanted to GET MARRIED and when women send out that vibe .. they attract the creeps in the world.

(her little boy is cute .. but her men are ugly.)

Edited by Printer_Ink - May 18 2014 at 1:58pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 2:22pm
Printer, Sherri said on the show that he sold fried turkeys to buy her ring.
(I don't think I woulda told that LOL)
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I had the same thought
eta: I don't really think a year is rushed, but I think she may have ignored some warning signs because the celibacy thing messed with her decision making skills. 

Yup she can wait to have sex but waiting alllll the way to marriage idk man I couldn't do it
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:26pm
The former stand-up comic has a nine-year-old son Jeffrey with ex-husband comedian Jeff Tarpley, whom she divorced in 2009 after he got his mistress pregnant.

Thats a good reason to divorce a guy!LOL

Seriously I read Sherri's wiki write up and was amazed all the past acting/gigs she's had.  She's a millionaire yet dated a guy who only made 30k/year?  Come on gurl, you knew that was such an uneven match up financially there was bound to be marital issues...

I think she leaked that lame amendment to show his lack of character (and her lack of good judgement,, too.)
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I had the same thought

A year is definitely rushing when you have a child.

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2014 at 3:32pm
Ok so she knew he wasn't an earner before they married and he's saying he still loves her

What's the problem, what "hapint"?

Edited by rickysrose - May 18 2014 at 4:54pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon