Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shedding! Shedding! Shedding!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shedding! Shedding! Shedding!
    Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 11:38am
I have had 3 packs of Senghori Shells Relaxed Rythms and a Natural Rythms closure in for about 2 months and have experience some crazy shedding. I sewed in the 3 packs on a u-part and did not  cut the wefts until I had to sew at the crown around the closure. I also did not split the wefts and sealed both sides. With all of this prep I still get bad shedding. I have ordered from the company twice before but thought the shedding was attributed to me splitting (yet sealing) the wefts in the past. I reached out to the company and of course they said they haven't heard this complaint before. Because of the shedding I usually get 3-4 month of use with 3 packs per install.

Any advice for reducing shedding on a u-part install? I already try to keep the brushing to a minimal. 
Sponsored Links

Nikkay2Desire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikkay2Desire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:14pm
Hello,

I would say make sure that you are detangling from the bottom to the top...
Ensure you're using a ball-tip brush when you do brush it. Otherwise it sounds like you're doing what you're supposed to do. 

it is also VERY possible you simply got a 'scab' batch of hair- which happens once in a blue moon. There will be times a batch comes which simply is NOT the best quality. :) 

Hope that helps.

- Nik
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 3:53pm
Its definitely the wefting. I have a pack of 22 inches also and its shedding with every hand and comb stroke. Its ridiculous. For the amount it cost i expect better. I know how tohandle hair and this hair sheds like a sick dog.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 4:09pm
I purchase a sample that shed like a shepard dog . They don't care . I will never support that vendor . Sorry you lost your money .
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Nikkay2Desire Nikkay2Desire wrote:

Hello,

I would say make sure that you are detangling from the bottom to the top...
Ensure you're using a ball-tip brush when you do brush it. Otherwise it sounds like you're doing what you're supposed to do. 

it is also VERY possible you simply got a 'scab' batch of hair- which happens once in a blue moon. There will be times a batch comes which simply is NOT the best quality. :) 

Hope that helps.

- Nik

Thanks! I either use a wide tooth comb or ball tip brush when combing this hair, but I will start combing from the bottom up to preserve the density. 

I don't think I got a 'scab' batch, every time I order from them i deal with shedding. I keep purchasing from them because I love the texture and don't want to risk getting bad hair from another vendor...Confused
cali1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2013 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Its definitely the wefting. I have a pack of 22 inches also and its shedding with every hand and comb stroke. Its ridiculous. For the amount it cost i expect better. I know how tohandle hair and this hair sheds like a sick dog.

This was from Senghori Shells too?
CurvyGirl27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 4:27pm
Did you provide them with photos of the hair showing how much it's shedding and all of that? So what if they've never heard the complaint before, they're hearing it now and if it's valid then they need to address it and correct it. If they're unwilling to work with you, then it might just be best to take it down and send it off to have the wefts reinforced so you can get more longevity out of the hair. Hope you find a solution that works out for you! 
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 7:38am
If you  must buy from this vendor, maybe you should ask if they sell in bulk, purchase your 3 bundles in bulk, and send to another wefter to be wefted. Or just buy wefted lengths longer than you usually do and send to a different reputable wefter to be rewefted.
Belladonna1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 7:52am
If SS is not willing to work with you to fix the problem then find somebody who sell kinky straight hair. For example, EP has it and that hair last for years! You can also try aliexpress....
iloveme29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iloveme29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 9:51am
I had the same problem. I tried everything, all the tips worked some but I was still shedding a lot. I finally ordered from NAF. It was a great because the Hair was not expensive and I got excellent quality. The only thing is they did not have a wide selection of hair choices. The one thing I did like is the fact they have bundle deals and prices. They have 3 pack bundles that are not at all expensive. I love my hair.  I hope you have the same result as I DID. HERE IS THE LINK http://www.nafashions.com - www.nafashions.com
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic