Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shea Moisture Product Appreciation Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041>

Author
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:11am
The shampoos are meh to me, but I love the milk...I didn't like the smoothie that much until I used it on top of the hair milk
Sponsored Links

Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:47pm
I love the smoothie, but I've never tried the milk...what's the difference really? 

I haven't seen a gel this thread mentions yet anywhere.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 9:48pm
The smoothie is a cream and the hair milk is more liquid-y (lol yea, I just made that up)

The hair milk is more moisturizing for my hair, and the smoothie is great to seal it in
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:52pm
I know this is a Shea Moisture appreciation thread but I just wanna brag on how I scored some Nubian Heritage products that was on clearance.  Usually that stuff goes for about 11 dollars or more, but I managed to get two products which winded up costing me $8 dollars and some change, which included sales tax.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:52pm
Back to SM: still loving half of the shampoos.
sLeepy x0x View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sLeepy x0x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 9:31am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I know this is a Shea Moisture appreciation thread but I just wanna brag on how I scored some Nubian Heritage products that was on clearance.  Usually that stuff goes for about 11 dollars or more, but I managed to get two products which winded up costing me $8 dollars and some change, which included sales tax.

Stern Smile

LOLLOL jk

Actually my dad (LMAO) grabbed me some of their stuff in the store cause he said it looked like something I'd use. So random.

I haven't used it yet though. LOL
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dehinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 4:20am
I came to the conclusion that I don't like the curl enhancing smoothie as much as I thought I did. On a rate of 1 out of 10 I give it a 6Ouch
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 12:51pm
My hair hates this stuff. I can only tolerate it if I mix it with other stuff. 
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 6:32pm
I love Shea Moisture.  The Shea butter deep treatment masque doesnt work for me, but it is excellent as a cream in the loc method.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 12:53am
hi, ladies!

so, i love, love a lot of the sheamoisture products - the moisture retention shampoo is great, but the pink line shampoo (sorry, am blanking on the name of the line) is DOPE.

i big heart the dt masque - it leaves my hair super, super moisturized.  i use it as a deep conditioner, leave in, twisting cream, moisturizer, and it never, ever disappoints. i seriously love that stuff.

i use their reconstructive elixir oil spray on my twists and loose hair when i want some shine.  i think it does a good job moisturizing, and i get some sheen from it.  still on the fence about repurchasing.  will have to see how the rest of the bottle goes.

the curl and style milk and the restorative conditioner were cool, but i am not repurchasing at this time because i have some other conditioners that are knocking them both out of the box.

i bought the green deep conditioner for thin, fine hair - it was on sale and i wanted to try another one of their dc's.  have not yet used it, but will use it every so often when i want that protein fix.  thoughts on it?

i heard someone mention in their post that they use the smoothie as a deep conditioner.  could you let me know more??  i seriously want to use the smoothie that i bought (i got it on crazy sale for $6!), but my hair doesn't like coconut oil (unless it is rinsed out).  and when i tried the smoothie for a twist out/braid out, it felt seriously gross and slightly hard....i tried it on damp and dry hair.

and could you let me know your texture and density?  i have kinky, coily, thick hair.  thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style