FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Shea Butter Wash for Thicker Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
flat iron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flat iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shea Butter Wash for Thicker Hair
    Posted: Aug 18 2013 at 8:11pm
I know this sounds weird: instead of shampooing and conditioning, wash your hair with a shea butter mix for thicker hair. Has anyone tried this?

Here are my results: http://riarankine.hubpages.com/hub/Thicker-Hair-with-Organic-Shea-Butter-Wash

I tried this because I recently asked if shea butter thickens hair, and as it turns, it does. If you follow the steps and try it consistently, let me know your results!I hope my hair will continue on this path and even improve.

Edited by flat iron - Aug 18 2013 at 9:21pm
Sponsored Links

902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 12:56am
This sounds similar to oil rinsing. If it works for you stick with it good luck with your growth.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2013 at 6:34pm
Sounds interesting....I have thin hair...but my hair is voluminous, not sure if it would turn out fine.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 4:44pm
I gotta try the shea butter product listed... the lady on etsy who sells it no longer has it listed, instead you have to request a custom order, and I do recall that her shea butter cream was about 10 bucks.

I was flipping through a Elle magazine february's edition and there were products listed to thicken fine hair such as:

-L'oreal Advanced Haircare Volume Filler Fiber Amplifying which temporarily boosts the diameter of each hair strand, and it lasts through 5 shampoos

-Kerastase Densifique Minoxidil Hair Regrowth Treatment and supposedly creates new growth but it is expensive

-Barry's Tricopherous increases hair density and length

The product the OP tried that she mentioned in another thread   >>>.here
eta: OP said in her article that she used the shea butter with ylang ylang... not sure now which she used, but the main ingredient on both creams  is shea butter anyways

Edited by sexyandfamous - Mar 15 2015 at 4:46pm
pink.jester87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pink.jester87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2015 at 11:10pm
Darn I can't get that L'oreal product in canada. BOO. I'll have to grab some when I go to Vegas in April!
lvnstudent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvnstudent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2015 at 12:31pm
Interesting are there any build up in the scalp?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2015 at 6:56pm
I don't think shea butter causes build up. But if you do an apple cider vinegar rinse, it will remove any build up.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply