Extensions Plus

Shea Butter Recipes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
tootoo421 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tootoo421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shea Butter Recipes
    Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 7:05pm
Hello, BHM.  I have been hearing a lot about people making their own shea butter pomades.

I purchased the following items: Unrefined Shea Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Sweet Almond Oil.

Now I just need to know how to mix it and how much of each. LOL

So ladies give me some of your best shea butter or oil recipes that you have used or made. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links

voncile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voncile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2009 at 7:08pm
Just eye ball it. That's how I did mine. After making it a few time you will know how much to use. 
StayGlamorous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StayGlamorous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 12:32pm
same here.. its how much you want to put in it.. I mixed mine with Olive ; Carrot ; Grapeseed and Vitamin E oils.. 
honeybrown2777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybrown2777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2009 at 6:28pm
I mix mined with castor oil, olive oil and I'm going to add vit e oil.
Im_A_Diva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im_A_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2009 at 3:59am
Sheabutter, rosemary oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil (melted), and oliveoil.

You can add glycerin for a more smoother product and shinier hair locs.
sheisjoneskl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheisjoneskl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2009 at 2:48pm
I've been doing a banana and natural shea butter mask...melt the shea butter and mash about a half of a banana in it...whip till its a lumpy pudding mix while still wet apply and put on a plastic cap for 15 min wash out then wahlah....my hair loves this :)

Edited by sheisjoneskl - Aug 15 2009 at 2:49pm
Divine_Diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divine_Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2009 at 1:11pm
I mixed my shea butter with EVCO, grapeseed oil or whatever other oils I have. I don't really measure. Just eyeball it.
cinnamon704 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinnamon704 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2009 at 5:31pm
Recipe #1: Shea Butter + EVOO (I use this with my KeraCare Humecto Conditioner to deep condition under the hooded dryer for 20 mins)

Recipe #2: Shea Butter + Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner + EVOO+ B&B Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion (I mix this concoction together and use as my daily moisturizer. Hair hair loves this stuff!)
CuddleCore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CuddleCore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2009 at 1:54pm
I made this really nice whipped shea butter mask thing and it was basically to add shine to my hair.

-Shea Butter [half a pound container]
-Honey [generous amount,  I didn't measure]
-Oil [of your choice, I used different kinds before, like Olive Oil, Gro Aut Oil, Jojoba oil].
-Leave-in Conditioner [I only ever tried Giovanni Direct with it b/c I'm trying to get rid of that].

I basically use it after I've rinse out my pre-poo protein treatment. I squeeze out some of the excess water and spread in from root to tip in sections. Then I massage all around my head and leave in on for a while. I like to put it on before my actual shampoo b/c Aussie moist gets my hair really tangled and weird feeling [not dry but not moist either]. This helps it feel not so weird. lol

Also once I have finished up I add a bit more to my ends with my condish while I deep condition. Then I only rinse out a little of the condish and shea and my hair has Great shine after that. Also, really soft.

BlkNappyBarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlkNappyBarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 10:07pm
bump
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic