Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

She stole my hair!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MsMahoganyRed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMahoganyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by peete728 peete728 wrote:

You could also take the appointment and have her uninstall the wig since it is not to your satisfaction anyway, which will prove that  she did not install five in a half bundles of hair.  Have her uninstall it in front of you.

This is my suggestion.  Go to the appt and while calm explain your issues with the wig.   Have her watch you take it down or you carefully watch her as she takes it down so she can show you the 6 bundles of hair.  Is this 6 bundles all on one cap??  Depending on the length that would be extremely huge if the wefts aren't split.  Either way, have her dismantle the wig to explain the missing hair and then if you care - have her reconstruct the wig to your EXACT specifications.  When having someone do your wig for you, that's local, by all means try it on and see for fit BEFORE you pay and leave.  As a stylist she should have ensured this was done anyhow.  SMH...
Sponsored Links

yayatheprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yayatheprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:53pm
I mentioned on here before how the same exact thing happened to me! i found this girl on Craigslist, have her 4 bundles and said i wanted it all sewn on a u-part. came back the next day, she put 4 dookie braids in my head with a sliver of braiding hair in each braid, sewed it on and i swear it felt like not even 1.5 packs of hair. i went to my final for school, and that night texted her. she said she didn't put in the "wet piece" cus it was too wet. so i'm furiously asking her why didn't she tell me that when I kept asking her cus the "wet piece" was in fact an entire bundle. her response, "it didn't seem like a whole bundle". my dad goes to pick up the hair the following morning. the "wet piece" was not even 2 inches across! i was so furious i was texting her saying how could this be the only hair left? this little baby piece just so happened to be too wet to put into the wig when the remainder of the wet bundle dried up enough?" all she kept telling me was that she must've texted me wrong cus that's all that was left. pathetic.
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:55pm
Please have a recorder in your purse when you confront her.
After you leave if she still isn't acting right, tell her you have proof and evidence and
That you will proceeded with criminal charges if needed.

I'm sorry this happened. I hate scamming broads!!
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Please have a recorder in your purse when you confront her.
After you leave if she still isn't acting right, tell her you have proof and evidence and
That you will proceeded with criminal charges if needed.

I'm sorry this happened. I hate scamming broads!!

^^^This would be proof, but be advised that depending on the laws of the OP's particular state, it could be against the law to record without the stylist's knowledge. You'd be up on charges then.

I wish there was some way you could keep the appointment, have her take down the wig and (since it doesn't fit anyway) YOU proceed to dismantle it in front of her. See how many "bundles" the hair on the wig makes up. This is where having a witness with you would also help.

Just a gentle suggestion, after all of this craziness--why not check out youtube and you could learn to make the wigs yourself. YT'ers like "teazedblackpearls" "thomasadrianna" have some very, very thorough instructions. You'd have no worries about theft. It'd be trial and error, but it is so worth doing your own once you know what to do.Hug

LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

Originally posted by peete728 peete728 wrote:

You could also take the appointment and have her uninstall the wig since it is not to your satisfaction anyway, which will prove that  she did not install five in a half bundles of hair.  Have her uninstall it in front of you.

This is my suggestion.  Go to the appt and while calm explain your issues with the wig.   Have her watch you take it down or you carefully watch her as she takes it down so she can show you the 6 bundles of hair.  Is this 6 bundles all on one cap??  Depending on the length that would be extremely huge if the wefts aren't split.  Either way, have her dismantle the wig to explain the missing hair and then if you care - have her reconstruct the wig to your EXACT specifications.  When having someone do your wig for you, that's local, by all means try it on and see for fit BEFORE you pay and leave.  As a stylist she should have ensured this was done anyhow.  SMH...
I agree with all of this and I'm still trying to figure out how she would be able to get 6 bundles of some bushy kinky hair on one wig.  I hope there's also a scale in the vinicity.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:21pm
Wow. Just wow. I can't give you any advice that is legal but let's just say that bish would suffer. This is why you can't trust people with these kinds of things. People were not raised right and they are just too damn low down. I would never hand over six bundles of hair to anyone. Nor would I want to be in the position to take someone's hair and make a u-part because there is just to much leeway for bullsh*t to occur. At this point it is pretty much your word against hers.

One idea though is once you guys take the hair off you could weigh it in front of each other. Is that practical? But she has no intention of giving that hair back though. If she was bold enough to steal it there is no way she will give it back.

Maybe next time you could take it to an actual seamstress (if they do that sort of thing) and not a weave stylist. Hopefully they wouldn't have any motivation to steal your hair. But the best bet would be learning to do it yourself.

Man, two things I hate: a liar and a thief.
LovilyLocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovilyLocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by yayatheprincess yayatheprincess wrote:

I mentioned on here before how the same exact thing happened to me! i found this girl on Craigslist, have her 4 bundles and said i wanted it all sewn on a u-part. came back the next day, she put 4 dookie braids in my head with a sliver of braiding hair in each braid, sewed it on and i swear it felt like not even 1.5 packs of hair. i went to my final for school, and that night texted her. she said she didn't put in the "wet piece" cus it was too wet. so i'm furiously asking her why didn't she tell me that when I kept asking her cus the "wet piece" was in fact an entire bundle. her response, "it didn't seem like a whole bundle". my dad goes to pick up the hair the following morning. the "wet piece" was not even 2 inches across! i was so furious i was texting her saying how could this be the only hair left? this little baby piece just so happened to be too wet to put into the wig when the remainder of the wet bundle dried up enough?" all she kept telling me was that she must've texted me wrong cus that's all that was left. pathetic.
DANG SHMCry
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by BaileyAlexandria BaileyAlexandria wrote:

That's a tough situation. Do you have photographic evidence? Bring a friend, bring a pastor, bring SOMEBODY cuz I have a feeling she'd act a FOOL!

Lol, love it... Call a pastor
Erikaa99182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erikaa99182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:30am
Seriously, thank you so much for the advice and support! I just don't understand how you just flat out lie like that...
She replied to my message yesterday morning about taking an appointment for today. I text her AND email her today. No response. However, I snooped around a little and found her facebook/twitter/tumblr and she was active all today up to an hour ago. So this thief can be on all kinds of social networks but she can't reply to her text and e-mails. Or at least not mine. Clearly she knows she did something wrong and I figured it out. So what now... Do I take a chance and just show up to her house? I want to let this go, but I really can't, just by principle. I can't get a liar/thief just get away with it!
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:51am
I would just show up WITH someone of course, just in case she tries to act crazy. Tell her she never told you when to be there so you assumed anytime would be fine to come, and you figured then would due, lol. Of course like everyone else is saying have her take it down to show you or prove that she did use all the hair and not just stashed it away for her personal use.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic