FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedShe (CSUNGRL09) was really offended! LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 8:57pm
I just wrote a whole long post, twice.

I will give you the short version:

Again, csungrl09, you have just proven that you don't WANT to understand what the atheist position is.  I have said several times that you are one god away from being atheist, which is EXACTLY what the previous poster just told you.

And I am not surprised.  Had she not said she believed in a god, you probably would try your best not to understand what she is saying, either.  Which I find utterly perplexing, by the way.

Again, science doesn't claim to be 100% accurate, but it doesn't completely dismiss the discussion the way religion does.  If we don't know, we research.  If religion doesn't know, it says to have faith.  I don't think science would have gotten as far as it did had it had the same attitude. 
Sponsored Links

NewFreedom11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Again, csungrl09, you have just proven that you don't WANT to understand what the atheist position is.  I have said several times that you are one god away from being atheist, which is EXACTLY what the previous poster just told you.

And I am not surprised.  Had she not said she believed in a god, you probably would try your best not to understand what she is saying, either.  Which I find utterly perplexing, by the way.

Again, science doesn't claim to be 100% accurate, but it doesn't completely dismiss the discussion the way religion does.  If we don't know, we research.  If religion doesn't know, it says to have faith.  I don't think science would have gotten as far as it did had it had the same attitude. 

Told you. Waste of time. Some people have minds that absorb information like a rubber absorbs water.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Again, csungrl09, you have just proven that you don't WANT to understand what the atheist position is.  I have said several times that you are one god away from being atheist, which is EXACTLY what the previous poster just told you. -->could it not be that i didn't understand how you put it? 

And I am not surprised.  Had she not said she believed in a god, you probably would try your best not to understand what she is saying, either.  Which I find utterly perplexing, by the way. -->even before I read that part of her post, I was ready to thank her for explaining all of that too me.

Again, science doesn't claim to be 100% accurate, but it doesn't completely dismiss the discussion the way religion does.  If we don't know, we research.  If religion doesn't know, it says to have faith.  I don't think science would have gotten as far as it did had it had the same attitude.  -->i agree with you, it wouldn't.

okay, thanks anyway. i got what i needed out of this discussion.
conclusion: oil & holy water don't mix.

Edited by csungrl09 - Dec 07 2011 at 9:54pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2011 at 11:00pm
Correction: She absorbs information like holy water absorbs oil. Yeah, that works!
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2011 at 9:50pm
man, cut the sh*t!  god doesn't exist & religion is a hoax to control the masses with fear.
webbgurl2000 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 6:55am
Actually, there are many Christian Scientists that do not dismiss Science. John Ankeberg speaks quite alot on science and its importance in our world. I think everyone here makes good points. I think it would help if we could try to understand how and why each person may feel the way she does. I don't disrespect anyone because they are an atheist. They may have never felt a reason to trust God. I understand why some Love Jesus the way they do because they looked at things in a different way and chose to believe.
So, all in all. We need to be careful about sweeping generalizations about each other on both sides of the aisle and remember understanding is the first bridge to acceptance.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 8:25am
Originally posted by webbgurl2000 webbgurl2000 wrote:

Actually, there are many Christian Scientists that do not dismiss Science. John Ankeberg speaks quite alot on science and its importance in our world. I think everyone here makes good points. I think it would help if we could try to understand how and why each person may feel the way she does. I don't disrespect anyone because they are an atheist. They may have never felt a reason to trust God. I understand why some Love Jesus the way they do because they looked at things in a different way and chose to believe.
So, all in all. We need to be careful about sweeping generalizations about each other on both sides of the aisle and remember understanding is the first bridge to acceptance.

Disagree with some of this, actually.  Some atheists, like myself, can't really "accept" religious dogma if it does not benefit the greatest good and well being of human beings.  For example, I cannot accept a belief that it is okay for a woman to be subjugated and beaten because someone's religious book says this is the way things should be.

At the same time, many Christians (and people of other religions) simply refuse to hear our standpoint and make no apologies for it.  Read the My Spirituality section.  There has been more than one person openly admitting they are not interested in what anyone else of any other belief system has to say, as they feel it's an imaginary 'devil' who is at the root of those alternative view points.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2011 at 9:49am

This was a wonderful read. And TR YOU ARE THE BOMB.COM....although I believe there is a god/higher power/something greater than myself... (tbh science has strengthened this belief for me), there are so many valid points made. I don't believe the bible should ever be taken as an actual factual book! Taking the stories literally, to me, is just an easy out. Just accept whatever is said as law, be fearful to even question what is written? The stories are written in a way, that it can't be proven. The mind is an incredible machine, you can put your own reality on ANYTHING...the stories are so so loosely written/based on something that if you read and accept it as your reality, guess what...it BECOMES your reality. God gave you free will, use that free will to use your brain to think & analyze. It isn't a sin. I am at odds with unquestionable faith...I have faith that God will not be angry because I question things that don't make sense. He bestowed this ability to me to utilize it. Just like scientist seek out truth, God too has given you free will to seek out your own truth.

Within each of us, we have the ability to be good or be bad...we have the ability to make a difference or show indifference. We are given life to either benefit or squander...It is truly my belief that no "religion" was based solely for the benefit of the believer. The origin was good/pure, but was corrupted by man. 

God imo is within all of us. It is our compass. You can chose to follow your internal compass and do good, or you can chose to ignore it and do things that YOU know within yourself goes against that compass.

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2012 at 1:27am
Gees, New freedom hurt my feelings and I agree with her and TR.LOL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2012 at 2:44am
Shocked What did I say?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21