Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

She can do no wrong. Janelle Monae Q.U.E.E.N.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 3.14  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 9:40pm
loved the rap! she is just soooo gorgeous. she might be my body twin Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

I don't think she's ever gonna catch on

This...

She's interesting, but for whatever reason, she's never mainstream enough for the labels to WANT to invest serious marketing behind her.

ETA:

IMO Erykah outshines her in that song. I fast fowarded because JM sounded like she was singing too high and (it felt like) at the same key the whole song. EB's voice has serious stank on it and brings life/dimension to the song, JM sounds flat compared to her.

Edited by modelbusiness82 - May 01 2013 at 9:51pm
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 9:58pm
She's so pretty but i don't love the song. too monotonous. the rap was cool though.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

This...

She's interesting, but for whatever reason, she's never mainstream enough for the labels to WANT to invest serious marketing behind her.

ETA:

IMO Erykah outshines her in that song. I fast fowarded because JM sounded like she was singing too high and (it felt like) at the same key the whole song. EB's voice has serious stank on it and brings life/dimension to the song, JM sounds flat compared to her.

She is too real for the masses. Lyrics go over most people's heads.
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 10:59pm
Erykah slays without even trying...
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:04pm
These are my favorite Janelle Monae songs: Metropolis, babopbyeya,57821, many moons, and Say you'll go.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:07pm
The rap parts at the end>>>>>>>

I could do without the rest of the song.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

This...

ETA:

She is too real for the masses. Lyrics go over most people's heads.

But if that was really true, then people like Erykah Badu would never have gotten off the ground and been able to get to the levels that they have. Or Lenny Kravitz, The Roots, Common, etc. There's definitely a mainstream space for "conscious rap/music".

I don't know about her being "too real" (considering that she's only saying the same things that have been said since the days of Grand Master Flash & the Furious Five) but more like not marketable, but I'm biased when I say that. Even her CoverGirl endorsement isn't enough to boost her image in the mainstream public eye - and that's saying a lot.
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:27pm
I Love the Normalness of the song. I Love Janelle, She embodies Her Realness and Truth in Her Music.

Erykah should not of been on that track...
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 11:35pm
nope. still dont like her
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style