Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shawty Lo's New Reality Show ***Updated w/Vid Now*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shawty Lo's New Reality Show ***Updated w/Vid Now*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 1.57  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:11am

Oxygen Defends 'All My Babies' Mamas' Special, Outraged Viewers Want It Canceled
January 4, 2013 | 4:30pm EST

Oxygen is under fire for a yet unaired one-hour special about Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo** and his 10 "baby mamas," but the network exclusively tells RadarOnline.com they stand behind their project and it's not stereotypical or demeaning to any one demographic.

A press release distributed by Oxygen in December about All My Babies' Mamas touted the reality special as a look into Shawty Lo's life and the complications of having 11 children with 10 different women - but people were quickly outraged and New York's Sabrina Lamb** started a petition on Change.org in an effort to boycott the show because she said it "demeans black children, mothers and dads!"

"Tell Oxygen that their viewers will not tolerate a show that exploits and stereotypes Black children and families, and we will boycott any advertiser who chooses to support the show," Sabrina wrote, asking for support.

But despite the more than 14,000 signatures Sabrina has gathered on Change.org, Oxygen says the special is still in development and they plan on moving forward with Oxygen's one-hour special in development is not meant to be a stereotypical representation of everyday life for any one demographic or cross section of society. It is a look at one unique family and their complicated, intertwined life," Oxygen Media's Director of Communications, Voncella McIntosh** tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.
"Oxygen Media's diverse team of creative executives will continue developing the show with this point of view."
Because the project is still in development, an air date has yet to be determined.

Do you think Oxygen is crossing the line with this reality show, or is the public over-reacting? Sound off below...
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

What people need to do is stop worrying about what other people think and just live. 
I don't like white folks but I'm not going to act a certain way just so they don't judge me.
That's just stupid.
Yall in here being advocates for shame.

@Sang

I'll bite because I'm not sure if serious...? Your font seems to always be quite facetious so when you are being serious...who can tell? So, maybe your post flew over my head. I notice your font questions everything, you always play the part of the antagonist. That's actually a good quality to have. If only you would adjust your focus towards the actual issues or people who should be questioned. If all you got from my post was "shame" (assuming I'm included in the people you're referring to), then you truly are as lost as I believe you to be....

Example: Who mentioned not liking white folks? 

You're deflecting and you're missing the point. 

No you missed the point.
Everyone is too worried about how someone is making them look.
STFU and live your damn life. 
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:31pm
WILL be boycotting this travesty
SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

What people need to do is stop worrying about what other people think and just live. 
I don't like white folks but I'm not going to act a certain way just so they don't judge me.
That's just stupid.
Yall in here being advocates for shame.

@Sang

I'll bite because I'm not sure if serious...? Your font seems to always be quite facetious so when you are being serious...who can tell? So, maybe your post flew over my head. I notice your font questions everything, you always play the part of the antagonist. That's actually a good quality to have. If only you would adjust your focus towards the actual issues or people who should be questioned. If all you got from my post was "shame" (assuming I'm included in the people you're referring to), then you truly are as lost as I believe you to be....

Example: Who mentioned not liking white folks? 

You're deflecting and you're missing the point. 

No you missed the point.
Everyone is too worried about how someone is making them look.
STFU and live your damn life. 

By quoting me and typing this as a feasible response, you simply just reiterated everything I just stated. 

Frankly, I really have nothing more to add about you or this subject.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 10:44pm
LOL

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 11:52pm

CANCELED! Shawty Lo's "Baby Mamas" Show Gets The AXE Before It Even Starts!

Jan 14 | by Natasha

Photobucket

Annnnnd that's a wrap for Shawty Lo!  Before his show could even see the light of prime time, Oxygen has canceled the rapper's "All My Babies' Mamas" show due to constant pressure.

Deets inside...

After defending the show once it started the very short lived publicity campaign, the Oxygen network has put the kibosh on ATL drug honcho turned rapper Shawty Lo's made-for-foolywang "All My Babies' Mamas."  That's right. You won't be seeing 10 women, who are all mothers to Shawty Lo's kids, play out their foolish, sad or cringe worthy behavior while Shawty stays in the middle being equally foolish and getting praised for it.

The Daily Beast says their sources say Oxygen will announce cancellation any day now.  Interestingly, the network first defended the show by saying, “It was not meant to be a stereotypical representation of everyday life for any one demographic or cross section of society.’’

Oh really?  Interesting.

The creator of the petition, Sabrina Lamb, worked to stop the show from airing.  She stated in the petition (the gist of it) that the show would be a horrific example of life for a certain "group" of people.  She told the Daily Beast:

“I love that the people who’ve signed the petition are from all backgrounds, ages, and countries.  This one elderly white man wrote me and said even he was tired of the stereotypical images of black people.’’

“This show is about more than a rapper and his girlfriends.  This is a show about kids who had no choice in how they came into the world. This show sets them up to be ridiculed and made fun of. None of us should be OK with that.’’

She said on her Facebook page today:

My entire statement will be announced tomorrow (outlining all of our victories) at the press conference and posted here at 12:00 noon-ish. Until then, I thank all 38,000 supporters who stood up for our children and said, "Enough Is Enough!" Oxygen Media awoke a sleeping GIANT!!

Here's to hoping certain other networks follow suit with their foolish shows.  But we doubt that will happen soon.  Thanks Oxygen for choosing standards over quick money.  Anybody can make a buck.  But it's all about who is and isn't affected when you make one.  Clearly, not everyone gives a damn. 

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 11:55pm
THANK THE HEAVENS!!!!! BLACK PEOPLE FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!!
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 11:57pm
i hope yall r happyCry
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 11:57pm
They better stay the hell away from my Bad Girls Club!
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 11:59pm
I Blame the Bougie of BHM for the Cancellation....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>