Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shawty Lo's New Reality Show ***Updated w/Vid Now*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Shawty Lo's New Reality Show ***Updated w/Vid Now*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 1.57  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 5:40pm

I am not claiming the boycotting of this one show is going to change the world. I'm simply saying maybe we should not be so accepting of the issues in our communities that we claim to want changed being portrayed in this way.

@foxyroy ISEEWHATYOUDIDTHERE. Keep taking notes, I don't poof.Wink

@S_M My intent isn't to make anyone feel bad but I was shocked to come in here and see so much support. I've viewed my fair share of reality TV but sometimes enough is enough. RHOA..L&HA..and now "The Real Baby Mamas of Shawty Lo"? After this you will have many (black) men trying to get shows based off of their illegitimate children.

@BWOM Many races are being exploited on TV, however in SOCIETY we are the only race where exploitation is acceptable. Also, ratings (yours included) do effect the degradation of Our People. If they're getting ratings, they're getting paid and by supporting trash TV more shows like this will continue to air. As a black woman, in SOCIETY, you will continue to be effected by what is shown on this program and others. That's what a stereotype stems from. I really did just explain this, however I will stop now because I don't want to remove bullets from a horse just to shoot it again

@Sang In society the majority of those groups "rank" higher than AA's and get much more respect. That "they're doing it too" mentality needs to stop. This is why we stay going in circles. Those groups also do not have the same history we have. In some instances, not all, we may be the same but we're different. Remember, black community issue not a race issue. Those groups are still valued by their men, not sent to jail in droves, have more opportunities and resources, and value marriage. 

@melike This doesn't fall under racism, please check the appendix and turn to the black community page.

Sponsored Links

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:06pm
I have no idea what you are talking about honestly because I didn't read your post.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 12:05am
Well...it would be different if this nicca tried to make an honest woman out of these chicks, but clearly you can tell that probably 9 out of 11 of them kids were by mistake.
I've come to realization that to some folks, "ratchetness" is a way of life. Hoodrat behavior is
normal to some and people are no-longer shamefaced.

But black folk love to be entertained by fckery. Especially our womenSleepy. Its like no matter how many gems you drop  or how many times you give people crowns, its like "fucc this crown, I'mma still be a nicca in this lace front or du-rag".

It is what it is *shrug*

Edited by blaquefoxx - Dec 29 2012 at 12:07am
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 2:54am
SS, You are a Very Educated Sista, If it's any consolation I don't watch Basketball Wives, or RHOA. Those shows are like watching Life after Lottery to Me. I just can't relate, but being a Baby Mama I can relate to that and that's why I'm watchin it. I appreciated the Lesson and So sorry You had to waste them bullets.

Just wondering do You watch Tv, if so what shows do You watch?
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 2:58am
Why do people have to behave a certain way or like certain things?
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:05am
seeminglysweet I applaud your post a 1000 times you have been thanked
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:06am
Sorry not watching this show. 
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:10am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

*****I bolded parts for the skimmers.******

I can never take this place seriously (yeah, I know I should never). But how can so many of you approve this and conclude that you will watch? 

All of you are sheep and mental slaves, and you try to compensate for it under the guise of "atleast they're getting a check". REALLY??? REALLLLYYYYY? Is this what we have come to now after our many threads about blacks not getting work and very few positive images on TV? 

You are on this site daily complaining about the exact issues this show will depict. Is this acceptable television to you? 

You know what they were thinking when they decided to air this show? "Hey look, let's exploit even more blacks and show the world how we've destroyed their families and broken their homes." 

Since you are broke and the black unemployment rate is higher than the national average, your ratchet ass will be at home tweeting and starting a BHM thread. You will sit and watch this while none of the money from it will go into your communities. But millions will continue to pour into your demise. Notice their demographic is a "young" audience, it always starts with the kids.

Here's a math problem for if you don't understand.

Tweets + Ratings = Advertising $$$ = your exploitation will continue

Ratings means advertising means money means you are still being made a fool of by the world, disrespected, and degraded. That you, a black woman is nothing more than a baby mama and you are so unattractive and so many of your men are in jail, uneducated, turning to other races or lusting after each other that you will sleep with any man who will bed you. 

You are just as weak as the men you spoke of in the slavery thread by supporting this. You are already engulfing yourself in a false air of superiority. Thinking "Oh, I'm married"...."I only have one child"...Puh-lease. What you don't realize is WE ARE ALL STILL IN THE SAME BOAT. Every successful black is the exception so you can save that argument. Remember that article...what do you do?....what WILL you do?

Some of the things we allow to be decided for us are true. There really are ratchet, ghetto, unemployed, lazy and so forth black folks (just as there are of other races) but the difference between us and them is that we support our demise.

I am not making this a RACE thing but a black community thing.In a previous thread you guys asked, what can we do to differ and better our community? You can start by boycotting foolishness like this that will benefit us none and continue to make us the mockery of the world.  

Here comes another show which will INDEED lower the stock of BLACK WOMEN WHO DO NOT KNOW OR UNDERSTAND THEIR WORTH. And you guys are all for it???? REALLLYYY??? 

blaquefoxx come in....do you copy......

I spent the last few years mostly lurking this board. Let's give me a good send off. Don't disappoint ladies. Beer

To the menZ: You are included in this as well. Just like in goodbye uncle tom your "oversized" penis is causing you to have an "overactive" sex drive. The only thing you should try to amount to in life is being a gangster rapper who beds every woman in site spreading disease and having multiple children out of wedlock. You are applauded for sleeping with as many women as possible and never making one of them your wife. Stripped and broken you are. This was your past and this is your present. Tell your 35643 children to say hello to their future.

Clap

SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

SS, You are a Very Educated Sista, If it's any consolation I don't watch Basketball Wives, or RHOA. Those shows are like watching Life after Lottery to Me. I just can't relate, but being a Baby Mama I can relate to that and that's why I'm watchin it. I appreciated the Lesson and So sorry You had to waste them bullets.

Just wondering do You watch Tv, if so what shows do You watch?

@BWOM, I can understand that.  

Yes, I watch TV. As far as series go, I like Shonda Rhimes' shows Grey's, Private Practice, Scandal...Dick Wolf's L&O:SVU. I also like Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, NT GEO, Animal Planet...etc....

Edited by SeeminglySweet - Dec 29 2012 at 8:02pm
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:11pm
i dont participate in conscious threads because i like to enjoy my ratchet outlets guilt free
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 18>
  Share Topic