Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives > Lace Front Archives 2007
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedShaving Baby Hairs

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
garley1004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shaving Baby Hairs
    Posted: Sep 02 2007 at 2:22pm
Vets, Ladies or the sweet and low men which ever you prefer...

I am a Newbie and I just recently ordered my second lf. I must admit I have a few horror stories about my first lf experience (PM me if you are having a bad day and need a laugh). Wink So this time I am planning on doing it correctly. With the first lf, I shaved back  some of my baby hair so that the adhesive would stick properly. That "shirt" w/o the "r" did not work Angry and now my natural hairline is jacked up, so I am forced to wear a wig or lf. Not to mention that by genetics I have a two-head (smaller version of the forehead). Confused Seriously, I can place my first and middle finger b/t the end of my eyebrow and touch my hairline...well not anymore. Which means even since I've shaved those precious baby hairs my damn lf hairline still starts pretty close to my freaking eyebrows. Basically only give me the natural appearance of a normal persons forehead, this is with baby hairs saved. I'm wondering do I have to shave my hairline back like George Jefferson so I can achieve a Tyra Banks ninehead to get a natural looking hairline with my lf.

Basically, is it really necessary to shave back your hairline in order to get a natural hairline with the lf and for the adhesive to stick properly? This question also applies to the nape area also.
Sponsored Links

Carlye View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2007 at 2:48pm
I have a small forehead as well and lots of baby hair, I have yet to purchase my first lace wig, but in reading past post, there was a member with a similar problem. I am not going to shave all my baby hair or much of it, just the very fine ones. Also I will not apply the adhesive too wide. There is a video on youtube that discusses shaving baby hair, you don't have to shave alot, but the adhesive won't stick very well over hair.

Edited by Carlye - Sep 02 2007 at 2:50pm
SoSeductive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2007 at 3:26pm
My babyhair was giving me a problem with adhesion so I didn't have a choice.  Mine grows back so fast anyway so it doesn't bother me shaving it really.   It depends on the individual.. many can get away without shaving but if your hairline is very low like mine.. you may have to shave it back some.
garley1004 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 12:37am
Angry No, I don't want to shave the rest of my hairline. Thanks ladies! Anymore suggestions...
AtlantaJJ View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 9:24am
Originally posted by garley1004 garley1004 wrote:

Angry No, I don't want to shave the rest of my hairline. Thanks ladies! Anymore suggestions...

AfroGerman girl had a good recommendation for shaving in a nice pattern that is flattering when you take the LF off.  You can customize a LF that is a  litte to large in the front like Breh to match your own hairline, attaching just a little past your hairline....that's what I am planning on doing.

For now because I am treating my hair every other day and working out, I have resulted to using bobbie pins to attach my units!! Works great if you are lazy, need to access your hair frequently (for washing or treatments) or want to give your hairline a break....all three apply for me right now.  I will apply my units again some time in the fall or for special occasions. 

I will order some larger units from now on because if I attach them, I want to place them past my hairline.  When I first started wearing LF's my hair was gone in the front due to traction alopecia, but by George!! it is growing back thanks to MTG (thanks Sexi) and TLC.  So now if I attach the units in the front in the proper place, I can't attach them in the back due to my new hairline rule, plus the fact that my hair all over is growing and getting kind of thick under there.  So order your units with room to grow!

Edited by AtlantaJJ - Sep 03 2007 at 9:25am
AfroGerman_Girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2007 at 9:55am
Thanks for the shoutout AtlantaJJ! Yes, that's what I do.
Here are past topics on shaving your hairline:

Topic: shaving hair line
anursegirl00

Replies: 18
Views: 311

View Post View%20Post
shaving hair line
Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 7:16pm
Hello everyone, I havent been to thesite in a hot min.Ihave alot of baby hair andsideburns naturally. had been having trouble keeping my LF attached for a 3 day hold.Should I shave my hairline back? Is that how everybodies getting this great hold and fabulous looking hairline? View%20Post
Topic: SHAVING BABY HAIR
mimi1218

Replies: 9
Views: 170

View Post View%20Post
SHAVING BABY HAIR
Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 7:42am
HEY LADIES, HAVE YOU EVER USED VEET OR NAIR TO TAKE OFF UR BABY HAIR OR DO YOU JUST USE A STRAIGHT RAZOR? View%20Post
Topic: Application without Shaving
MsSugarsmack

Replies: 1
Views: 125

View Post View%20Post
Application without Shaving
Posted: 11 Jun 2007 at 5:10pm
Hello Ladies, do any of you have any experience with applying your lace fronts without shaving your hairline? or......... applied with some type of protection over the hair, and then lay the tape? Would appreciate any posts or information on how one could achieve this type of application. Thank in Advance.

Edited by MsSugarsmack 2007-06-11 17:11:33 View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Shavers..? I have a question for you
IslandGirl10

Replies: 23
Views: 487

View Post View%20Post
Shavers..? I have a question for you
Posted: 08 Jun 2007 at 9:21am
Hey you guys. I'm going to apply my very first unit..but I need to eliminate some hair at my nape and my baby hairs :(. How do you guys do it? Do you use one of those sharp blades that look like a knife ?(like the ones barbershops be usin)..or do u simply use a razor? View%20Post
Topic: Shaving My Hairline
BronzeBeauty

Replies: 7
Views: 159

View Post View%20Post
Shaving My Hairline
Posted: 14 Apr 2007 at 8:14pm
I know yall are tired of me pestering, but I need to know! My hairline comes down pretty low, and I have sideburns, should I shave it back a bit or will the adhesive stick to my hair too? I had major lifting on my first app. try, and I used hollister. Any help would be so appreciated!! View%20Post
Topic: Is shaving the hairline necessary?
Gina613

Replies: 1
Views: 86

View Post View%20Post
Is shaving the hairline necessary?
Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 10:03am
I ask because I have a Tyra-like forehead, but to a lesser degree and a widow's peak on top of that. Wouldn't it be easier to simply add an inch to my front to nape measurement instead of shaving the hairline back? Thanks ladies, Gina View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Do I need to shave back my hairline?
mskris1108

Replies: 4
Views: 130

View Post View%20Post
Do I need to shave back my hairline?
Posted: 04 Apr 2007 at 3:33pm
I purchase a custome lace front from skynrobsshopnsave, and I just recieved the wig today. Do I need to shave off my natural babyhair or will it look weird? View%20Post
Topic: Shaving Back Hairline
eyecandie03

Views: 265

View Post View%20Post
Shaving Back Hairline
Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 1:30pm
Hello Ladies, I was watching the Grammy's last night and saw that Mary J had shaved her hairline back completely! She had absolutely NO Baby hairs whatsoever. Then she just completely let the cat out of the bag when she wore a pony tail when she first arrived, then had her lf put on when she performed with Ludacris. But her application was flawless, so I must give her a standing ovation But the true LF diva of the Grammys was J Hud. She rocked a very nice Virgin Haired LF. It wasa beauty.... View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: Do you really have to shave your natural hairline
America

Replies: 15
Views: 467

View Post View%20Post
Do you really have to shave your natural hairline
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 1:48pm
Do you really have to shave your natural hairline in order for lf to stay secured? I didn't see that mentioned in the newbie material, maybe I missed it. I saw a tape attachment demonstration and the instructor indicated that you might have to do that. View%20Post
Topic: should I shave my nape area? (pic)
mystiqueb

Replies: 24
Views: 460

View Post View%20Post
should I shave my nape area? (pic)
Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 9:12pm
OK, I have lots of baby hairs on my nape and I'm afraid it might affect the hold. Should I shave it all off and get a shape up? The dilemma is that my baby hairs are actually soft wavy curls & it matches the hair of the lf perfectly making the whole illusion more believable. But then again, I'm thinking I might get the lf to stay put if I shaved it off?? What should I do?? I haven't been able to get it to stay down.

Edited by mystiqueb 2006-11-16 21:16:31 View%20Post
Forum: Lace FrontsHot%20Topic%20%5bno%20new%20posts%5d Message%20IconTopic: supertape & my nape- do I have to shave babyhairs?
mystiqueb

Views: 179

View Post View%20Post
supertape & my nape- do I have to shave babyhairs?
Posted: 17 Sep 2006 at 9:13pm
Hi all supertape wearers, I can't get it to stick on my nape properlyI tried my full perimeter app this weekend but the darned thing wouldn't stay down. I even used some base bond too to try to get it to stick but to no avail. And this is my second attempt so far. Any suggestions? I was thinking that maybe it had to do with my babyhairs back there? But then again, my app in the front is with BB alone right smack on my hair (behind hairline) and it's working out just fine there (no... View%20Post
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic