Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

sharing your "good fortune" with friends?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:00pm
I would help a friend/relative who was in dire straits but not someone who has a way out their debt. No ma'am
Sponsored Links

ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:00pm
Wow...what kinda friend is this?

To be honest, if my best friend only needed $300-400 to get her car fixed, I would give it to her even if I only had $4000. I have the kinda best friend who would wait for me to OFFER it tho, and not just expect it like she's entitled to it.

Her acting like I owed it to her would rub me the wrong way tho, and I'd have to tell her no.

In this case I would tell her, "If your bills aren't important enough TO YOU to pass up on All-Star weekend, why should they be so important to me that I give up MY money?"

My bestie would never try me like that tho.

But then again, I wouldn't even tell anyone I won the lotto, gambling, etc.
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:01pm
I think this situation is messed up.
If my bff was having financial problems, I would GIVE her some money to help out
If this was just based on her student loans
My reaction ---->
I won, not my bff. I wouldn't rub it in her face either though.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

Wow...what kinda friend is this?

To be honest, if my best friend only needed $300-400 to get her car fixed, I would give it to her even if I only had $4000. I have the kinda best friend who would wait for me to OFFER it tho, and not just expect it like she's entitled to it.

Her acting like I owed it to her would rub me the wrong way tho, and I'd have to tell her no.

In this case I would tell her, "If your bills aren't important enough TO YOU to pass up on All-Star weekend, why should they be so important to me that I give up MY money?"

My bestie would never try me like that tho.

But then again, I wouldn't even tell anyone I won the lotto, gambling, etc.

exactly.

if she was serious about paying bills, then she should re-examine her priorities. right now, going out and having fun seems like it is more important than getting her car fixed.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 7:16pm
i agree...i think all star is a waste of money no matter what the situation is.

they planned their all star thing together b/c neither one can go anywhere without the other.  if she cancels all star due to money issues then my cousin will be mad at her...they're both backwards sometimes.
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

DO you mind if I thread jack for a bit?  I know a grown woman that lost her job, her dh lost his too.  They had 2 kids under 4 & 2 in their teens.  She didn't have a way to pay for everything & fell way behind in her rent.  She started asking ppl for money.  Do you think that was the right thing to do since she cant pay it back?  I think she should just move back home & stop borrowing from peter to pay paul

where is her 6-9month emergency fund? where is her mad money?what is her plan for next month's rent? they havent downgraded their lifestyle (moving back home, beans-n-rice diet etc)? with 4 kids to feed, she better call mcdonalds, dominoes, papa johns, sell stuff on ebay/craigslist etc
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:44pm
Ha....I wish she would feel entitled to my money cuz she wouldn't get one cent with that attitude.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567