Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shackin up...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

My parents strongly disapproved of me or my siblings shacking up.
I do not have a problem with it myself but it would have to be with the plan to get married in the near future.

I know two couples in which the ladies are very near and dear to my heart. I consider them my sisters, even though one is an actual relative. One is pregnant and the other one just had her baby a week ago yesterday. They live with the fathers of their babies. The one that just had her baby has been with the father for almost 9 years and have lived together for 4 years. The other one that is currently pregnant has been with the father for 7 years and they have lived together 3 years. As much as I listen to them talk about wanting and ready to be married, I do not understand why neither of them have approached the subject with them..

Me personally, from the point where I move in, I need an engagement ring on my hand and a date set in stone. I am not exceeding 1.5 years from that point co-habitating with a man without a name change and a wedding band in addition to my engagement ring. I am just not going to do it. Period. The only way is if something unexpected happens because we all know life throws us punches.

Anything past that point, I may have to re-evaluate the relationship/engagement.. People get comfortable sometimes and do not have the desire or the want to go through with it when they live together.. When I make that move to unite under one roof, I am doing it with the sole intent to get married, not co-habitate for 10 years...

If a dude has been with you for 9 years and yall have kids together...and has NOT married you. its clear, he doesn't want to be married to her.

You are very much so correct on that.
well how long was tiny engaged for? They got married
Sponsored Links

miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i'm really fond of the idea of living with someone but having my own bedroom.  is that weird?  

VERY WEIRD!

so when u have sex, u gonna just send the person to their room after??? will the persom be allowed to have stuff in ur room???? this is sooo funny!
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

i'm really fond of the idea of living with someone but having my own bedroom.  is that weird?  

VERY WEIRD!

so when u have sex, u gonna just send the person to their room after??? will the persom be allowed to have stuff in ur room???? this is sooo funny!

lol i really didn't say that to be funny b/c i am serious.  i think it's the best of both worlds.  doesn't everyone want to be alone sometimes?  he can have some things in my room and vice versa...sometimes he can sleep over in my room, sometimes i'll sleep over in his room.  it may be because my sleeping patterns change a lot and i want the freedom to chill in bed and listen to music or watch tv or whatever, whenever i want without upsetting his sleep.  it might make sex and stuff more exciting too. Embarrassed
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:20pm

Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

VERY WEIRD!

lol i really didn't say that to be funny b/c i am serious.  i think it's the best of both worlds.  doesn't everyone want to be alone sometimes?  he can have some things in my room and vice versa...sometimes he can sleep over in my room, sometimes i'll sleep over in his room.  it may be because my sleeping patterns change a lot and i want the freedom to chill in bed and listen to music or watch tv or whatever, whenever i want without upsetting his sleep.  it might make sex and stuff more exciting too. Embarrassed

lol....then why live togetherStern Smile why not just visit each other couple times a week? that would be even more exciting. LOLLOL
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:23pm
Wonderland, my bio mom and her husband have never shared a bedroom. Before they got married they lived in a duplex for like 5 years, each had their own apartment. Now they have a 3 bedroom house, each has their own room and bathroom. They love it that way.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:24pm
because then we would be paying separate rent.  that would be a waste of money!  oh well, no one will agree to this anyway. Cry

eta: nvm...it is possible...Maysay...do they seem happy and affectionate?

Edited by ms_wonderland - Feb 01 2013 at 11:24pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:28pm

because then we would be paying separate rent.  that would be a waste of money!  oh well, no one will agree to this anyway. Cry

eta: nvm...it is possible...Maysay...do they seem happy and affectionate?

They've been together over a decade and are happy as clams. My mom said it's great for both of them and they actually spend a lot of time together as well. But having their own spaces means they don't have a lot of issues other couples have. Plus, she says they both sleep well.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:37pm
that sounds like Heaven.  they must both be really secure.  i don't think a younger guy would be down for this.  he would think i'm off texting other guys or something.  i wouldn't want this arrangement forever but for the next couple yrs it would be nice.
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:39pm
I know a guy in his early forties who met a girl in her early-to-mid twenties this last November.  After two weeks of dating, they went away on a two week trip together.  When they came back, she moved in with him.

I, personally, think she's either a gold-digger or just a chick with low self-esteem and absolutely no goals/ambitions/aims in life.  In either event, she comes off as a whore, and him as a desperate, pathetic 'tard going through some type of mid-life crisis.

I don't move in with people.  Point blank.  We need to be dating seriously for like a year before I'll even consider it.  Even then, I'd like to see an engagement ring (which I won't feel comfortable getting any less than a-year-and-a-half), so I wouldn't be living with dude until at least almost 2 years into the relationship.

Then again, these lil bishes are fast nowadays, and have no clue what love is; they are also hella-insecure, and believe if they let they "boo" out of their site for 2 seconds, he'll cheat on them, so that's why they're so quick to move in.

On the guy's side, I think they're also insecure, and want to move their girls in to keep tabs on her and her activities.
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

I know a hetero couple that have lived together for 22 years.

I judge them, even though i know i shouldnt.

^this, I know it works for some but it's not for me. I know folks who have been together for over 20 years, with teenage children and paying a mortgage. If ya can sign that deed you can sign a marriage certificate cuz they are both long term commitments.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>