BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sex, Shame, and the Superbowl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

men sell sex just as much. the bar is much lower for them so we tend to ignore . usher takes off his shirt and humps air all the time.  
i think the superbowl was a tremendous night for black women. i am not going to fuel all the hate being thrown their way.
wait till lady gaga is invited. i'm all over this thread.  

well not over me because i don't do madonna 2.0.3 rev. 4

she literally is a Firefox update.
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Heres a question for you Patty and anyone else:

Imagine that Women some how some way were granted complete and total authority on all things that featured female sexuality(movies/ ads/ TV/ music/ Music videos ect). There would always be a woman who had the final say and there would be some sort of tax that would be implemented where the revenue would go towards female empowerment organizations ect... essentially all the money that is generated now would benefit woman as a whole.

Would you be OK with this hypothetical scenario? 
Good Idea?
I've never had a problem with sexuality. I have a problem with using it for the sake of the male ego or male dollar when statistics show it doesn't count. It makes us robotic. 

If you use sexuality for empowerment, then its all good IMO. As long as it doesn't involve abusing someone of course. But if it is used for financial gaine, IE, prostitution, P O R N...I have no problem with it. Bet even in those industries, it is the male that is catered to...not the women. But when you have books like 50 Shades of Grey and anything Zane writes become best sellers, you have to know we have power and the power is in catering to what we want to see, hear and read.

I hear you...
I just wonder who would be the authority on what meets the right "empowerment" criteria ... it would be women but Women aren't one monolithic group...

Its sad to say.. but when you turn something into a business.. theres a point when it reaches a level where higher profit is more important than ethics .

I dont see this changing with women at the helm 

Edited by OoDles O - Feb 05 2013 at 7:55pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures