FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedSex, Shame, and the Superbowl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:49pm
I do not watch football for any aesthetic or sexual reasons at all.
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I only listen to Beyonce because shes a great singer
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:53pm
I disagree. I personally felt that entire performance, although a display of overt sexuality was also a display of power. Let's be honest, the entire performance was crafted in a way that not only worshiped Beyonce as its powerful center, but also worshiped the women contributing their talents.

It was a multi-racial all female cast making that magic work and it was great. Beyonce was the main center, yes. But she also passed the spotlight onto that badass female guitarist and her former fellow sisters she performed for many years with as Destiny's Child.

I cannot see that amazing set as some kind of submissive sex show. If anything, I thought it was the complete opposite. Clap
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

I only listen to Beyonce because shes a great singer

She isn't that great of a singer, it does help that she is pretty. Alot of her songs are trash.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:59pm
men sell sex just as much. the bar is much lower for them so we tend to ignore . usher takes off his shirt and humps air all the time.  
i think the superbowl was a tremendous night for black women. i am not going to fuel all the hate being thrown their way.
wait till lady gaga is invited. i'm all over this thread.  

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:01pm

Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

money is king.
and generating revenue is the goal
men pimp women.. women pimp women..
aint no money in pimping men.

Thats why Donkey/stallion booty videos are made  

lol
No one is disputing that as fact. The problem is that it is unnecessarily systemic and the only people that can change that are women. The reason why they don't IMO is because it is ingrained. It is inline with women who think it's ok to pimp their own daughters. Man comes first.

Yeah, but theres no "real" incentive for people to do away with these old, possibly obstructive views. 
As long as it generates Money then you can place any old cog in the system (man/Woman/Alien) as long as they continue producing revenue.

I think Wrestling is a good example of this. Typically the woman is this hot babe who's
soul purpose is to look good .. They'll let her wrestle cause 2 girls wrestling is good but she will exhibit every stereotype known to stimulate a males interest physically

On the flip side.. The guys who are the most successful have to play into some sort of Super Macho Gladiator type of role... again this is done to appeal to the larger male audience cause they are the ones spending money.

Women and Men kill themselves to look good for each other

With that said Football has the highest female viewer ship among team sports. I'm pretty sure that the game is appealing but it doesn't hurt (for women I'd think) that these dudes are running around in tights battling to the death like gladiators. These football players are gonna have all sorts of issues neurologically but who cares cause it makes too much damn money!
You're right Ooodles. Football is a great example of it going both way although it does still tilt towards men's opinions and viewership. I do think we're breaking barriers at least in the female and homosexual male viewership with Calvin Klein's first SB ad. I think it is a slow process and maybe women will eventually unbind themselves from the chains that centuries of sexism bound us to.

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:14pm
Heres a question for you Patty and anyone else:

Imagine that Women some how some way were granted complete and total authority on all things that featured female sexuality(movies/ ads/ TV/ music/ Music videos ect). There would always be a woman who had the final say and there would be some sort of tax that would be implemented where the revenue would go towards female empowerment organizations ect... essentially all the money that is generated now would benefit woman as a whole.

Would you be OK with this hypothetical scenario? 
Good Idea?
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:14pm
What is her point?
teendiva View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:16pm

So if guys are the problems, and the way guys are judging women is the problem...

raise your damn sons better. while watching the superbowl with her daughter, she could have made it a teachable moment for her son.

pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:31pm

Heres a question for you Patty and anyone else:

Imagine that Women some how some way were granted complete and total authority on all things that featured female sexuality(movies/ ads/ TV/ music/ Music videos ect). There would always be a woman who had the final say and there would be some sort of tax that would be implemented where the revenue would go towards female empowerment organizations ect... essentially all the money that is generated now would benefit woman as a whole.

Would you be OK with this hypothetical scenario? 
Good Idea?
I've never had a problem with sexuality. I have a problem with using it for the sake of the male ego or male dollar when statistics show it doesn't count. It makes us robotic.

If you use sexuality for empowerment, then its all good IMO. As long as it doesn't involve abusing someone of course. But if it is used for financial gaine, IE, prostitution, P O R N...I have no problem with it. Bet even in those industries, it is the male that is catered to...not the women. But when you have books like 50 Shades of Grey and anything Zane writes become best sellers, you have to know we have power and the power is in catering to what we want to see, hear and read.

Edited by pattigurlatl - Feb 05 2013 at 7:33pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic