FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedSex, Shame, and the Superbowl

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:30pm
nita in here dropping jewels n shyt.

i like that
Sponsored Links

ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:42pm
Sex sells. Point. Blank. Period.

Thats life. How do u think stripping and being a p0rn star became so lucrative?

Jenna Jameson is worth $30 million off of being the best in her business at the time and even opened up her own companies off of it. 
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Jenna Jameson is worth $30 million off of being the best in her business at the time and even opened up her own companies off of it. 
I think this is a poor argument and let me tell you I'm incredibly liberal when it comes to sex and sexuality.

But studies show that women spend more globally and especially in the US. If women withdrew their buying power the country would fall into 3rd world status.

That being said, we don't influence laws, policies, and even though we influence sales, we don't influence the nature of product and its marketing.  Why? Because even women in power, even women with buying power curry the favor of males. Even women in power hire males before they hire females. Women consider men when men don't consider them.

And so, women cater to the male audience that isn't even concerned about how they spend their money.

This is why sex sells.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:01pm
money is king.
and generating revenue is the goal
men pimp women.. women pimp women..
aint no money in pimping mens sexuality.

Thats why Donkey/stallion booty videos are made  

lol

Edited by OoDles O - Feb 05 2013 at 6:02pm
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I think this is a poor argument and let me tell you I'm incredibly liberal when it comes to sex and sexuality.

But studies show that women spend more globally and especially in the US. If women withdrew their buying power the country would fall into 3rd world status.

That being said, we don't influence laws, policies, and even though we influence sales, we don't influence the nature of product and its marketing.  Why? Because even women in power, even women with buying power curry the favor of males. Even women in power hire males before they hire females. Women consider men when men don't consider them.

And so, women cater to the male audience that isn't even concerned about how they spend their money.

This is why sex sells.
That is very true. We buy more, men buy more expensive things. I always found that funny. But sadly, anything with the media, sex sells. You put a smart, unsexy woman on anything, a women's magazine, perfume ad, tv show, see how fast it moves. Its not bc its catering to the male audience, its bc women as a whole want to be like those women they see on tv, in magazines, the girls men drool over. Thats why sex sells, bc we WOMEN want to appeal to the men, and it has been like that (shown in diff ways) since the beginning of time. Pick up some of the most popular women geared books or magazines out there, theyre telling u how to get a man. What to wear, what to cook, how to act, even how much money u should make. I mean hell, there's engagement chicken! What to cook for a man to get him to propose pg 228. LOL

Do you know that is one of the top recipes out there? sh*t is almost as popular as Nabisco's Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding thats on the side of the box Stern Smile

Edited by ScorpioLuv - Feb 05 2013 at 6:02pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

money is king.
aint no money in pimping men.

lol
No one is disputing that as fact. The problem is that it is unnecessarily systemic and the only people that can change that are women. The reason why they don't IMO is because it is ingrained. It is inline with women who think it's ok to pimp their own daughters. Man comes first.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:14pm

meh.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:21pm

This is why sex sells.
That is very true. We buy more, men buy more expensive things. I always found that funny. But sadly, anything with the media, sex sells. You put a smart, unsexy woman on anything, a women's magazine, perfume ad, tv show, see how fast it moves. Its not bc its catering to the male audience, its bc women as a whole want to be like those women they see on tv, in magazines, the girls men drool over. Thats why sex sells, bc we WOMEN want to appeal to the men, and it has been like that (shown in diff ways) since the beginning of time. Pick up some of the most popular women geared books or magazines out there, theyre telling u how to get a man. What to wear, what to cook, how to act, even how much money u should make. I mean hell, there's engagement chicken! What to cook for a man to get him to propose pg 228. LOL

Do you know that is one of the top recipes out there? sh*t is almost as popular as Nabisco's Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding thats on the side of the box Stern Smile
I guess no matter how much money, and how much education. Women will always put men before their own needs, wants and desires.

I think of Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton, who I both admire...but they put their own aside for their men. That sends a message no matter how you slice it.  And maybe that's the way it's supposed to be.

But if so, then maybe when we see our daughters gyrating on stage for the dollar whether it is in a strip club or on a world stage, we have no room to talk.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:34pm
Who gives a fcuk!!!???!!!

She did her thang and looked damn good doing it.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:47pm

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

money is king.
aint no money in pimping men.

lol
No one is disputing that as fact. The problem is that it is unnecessarily systemic and the only people that can change that are women. The reason why they don't IMO is because it is ingrained. It is inline with women who think it's ok to pimp their own daughters. Man comes first.

Yeah, but theres no "real" incentive for people to do away with these old, possibly obstructive views. 
As long as it generates Money then you can place any old cog in the system (man/Woman/Alien) as long as they continue producing revenue.

I think Wrestling is a good example of this. Typically the woman is this hot babe who's
soul purpose is to look good .. They'll let her wrestle cause 2 girls wrestling is good but she will exhibit every stereotype known to stimulate a males interest physically

On the flip side.. The guys who are the most successful have to play into some sort of Super Macho Gladiator type of role... again this is done to appeal to the larger male audience cause they are the ones spending money.

Women and Men kill themselves to look good for each other

With that said Football has the highest female viewer ship among team sports. I'm pretty sure that the game is appealing but it doesn't hurt (for women I'd think) that these dudes are running around in tights battling to the death like gladiators. These football players are gonna have all sorts of issues neurologically but who cares cause it makes too much damn money!

Edited by OoDles O - Feb 05 2013 at 6:47pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic