FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Sewing hair on a stocking cap?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
VickkiesSecret View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickkiesSecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewing hair on a stocking cap?
    Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 2:42pm
Can i sew hair on a regular bss stocking cap?or do i need some kind of special kind of cap?I want to make a wig out of some hair.WHat is the best way of doing this thanks
Sponsored Links

brittsbee View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 2:50pm
I go to the mens section at the BSS and use a spandex dome cap or wave cap
MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 2:52pm
Yes, you can but it is not the best option b/c the bss stocking cap is thin and can easily tear or run. I also have problems with shrinkage with those caps.
Try using the dome cap for men or the mesh adjustable wig cap.
VickkiesSecret View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickkiesSecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by MISS CR MISS CR wrote:

Yes, you can but it is not the best option b/c the bss stocking cap is thin and can easily tear or run. I also have problems with shrinkage with those caps.

Ok i have one of those but it has holes all over it!How can you possibly SEW the wefts to holes?Im really seriousConfusedThanks
IrisaK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrisaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by VickkiesSecret VickkiesSecret wrote:

Originally posted by MISS CR MISS CR wrote:

Ok i have one of those but it has holes all over it!How can you possibly SEW the wefts to holes?Im really seriousConfusedThanks

You have to sew around the holes.  It just like installing on net on someone's head.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 5:57pm
I use the dome cap with the holes all over and its pretty fine with no problems. I put the cap on a foam head and just sew.
MimiSoLovely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiSoLovely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 6:45pm
I make all my wigs out of dome caps. Spandex are too thin for my liking. I have only found a dome cap at sally's beauty supply for some reason. But its thick enough to withstand pulling and fits my head quite snug and I dont have to do any cutting. 
kgreen6110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgreen6110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 6:48pm
I sew a stocking cap over my head before sewing hair that I have sewn onto either a spandex cap or a dome cap. For sewing hair onto a cap for a wig... You want to use something that is either sturdy or adjustable..maybe even both. They have wigs caps that are handy too but my favorites are the dome caps
kgreen6110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgreen6110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by MimiSoLovely MimiSoLovely wrote:

I make all my wigs out of dome caps. Spandex are too thin for my liking. I have only found a dome cap at sally's beauty supply for some reason. But its thick enough to withstand pulling and fits my head quite snug and I dont have to do any cutting. 
HAHAHA and at my sallys they do NOT have any dome caps.. I always get so pissed off.
MimiSoLovely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MimiSoLovely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 6:56pm
Really? How weird. I can't find them at any beauty supplies in Detroit but Sally's, which pisses me off! Lol.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic