Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sew-in Weaves -- Caring for the hair underneath??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedSew-in Weaves -- Caring for the hair underneath??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
babydyme2111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2007 at 9:56am
thank you ladies ! those answers were very helpful!
Sponsored Links

binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2007 at 9:59am
Originally posted by babydyme2111 babydyme2111 wrote:

thank you ladies ! those answers were very helpful!

your welcomeHug the thing i have learned is u have to learn what ur hair likes or u will not get anywhere with growth and be frustrated, i was like that for years until my hair was like listen to meLOLLOLLOLLOL
teatea1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2007 at 3:42pm

i don't have the remi-type hair, i use bss which lasts ~4weeks or so, when i wash the hair, it gets matted. i've heard not to wash the hair at all, just apply oil, sulfur8 & condition the braids w/cloth & mild leave-in conditioner.

naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2007 at 4:14pm
you can still wash your hair with bss hair just be care full you can use the squezze bottle and a good hand held shower head  once per week should be fine or if you are really scared try 11/2 weeks www.growafrohairling.com this tech has a good wash/poo method what brand of bss? some are better than others like janet yaki will stand up to pooing there is also "no water" shampoo
teatea1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 26 2007 at 4:47pm

well, i'm new to weave perior, but i have a sew in & don't even know what brand of human hair i have in now (don't laugh) i think it's sensationnel? anyways, it's like a spanish wavy & looks so good for 1.5weeks, then it started matting. that's when my stylist told me i was using too much motions setting mousse & should not have washed it.

bbprincess2147 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2007 at 1:20pm
Hi Ladies!!

So this is not my first weave.  Normally I get a weave and it lasts for about two or three weeks then I take it out and trash it.  I'm learning that I can wash the weave.  I saw a few people said to use a squirt bottle just for the braids and I saw someone say co-wash. What does that mean?  Is there a certain kind of shampoo and conditioner I should use?  The style weave I have is a loose curl.  If I wash it and let it air dry will the curl come back?  Should I roller set it? And if so should I use setting lotion?  And finally if you don't use BSS hair, where do you get it from?  From this thread I'm getting the vibe that BSS hair is kind of cheap, I paid $90 for two packs of hair.  Is that cheap?
tarabelle2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2007 at 12:09pm
 Smile I am a gym diva.  I have currently changed my choice of texture.  I have always loved the look of long, straight hair.  But found that I was breaking off my edges by trying to keep them straight after sweating them out.  I was also changing the texture of my "Relaxed straight" weave hair by flat ironing it so much.  That was terrible because I buy hair by the ounce, so that's a waste of $200 hair. 

So, I am now wearing a "French Wave" texture.  It works like wet-and-wavy hair. When I work out I wear one braid to the side and let it hang.  I secure the ends with a barette, and transition the braid to a bun when I anticipate heavy cardio. 

I usually wash and condition my hair once a week in the shower.  I never (used to) dilute the product because I made sure that I rinse it all out.  But I am going to start to mix my poo and conditioner with water so I do not have to rinse as much (which loosens my braided hair underneath). 

Since the hair is wavy/can be made curly I had my stylist make my braids slightly bigger and (even use less tracks).  This way I can keep my scalp healthy and moisturized and ensure cleanliness.  The texture allows my look to remain full and volumous.  Water is turning out to be a great styling tool (for volume)!

I have been using Hawiian Silky's 14 in 1   as a moisturizer on my weave, my edges, my scalp, and work a little into the braid.

...and good for you (working out)!!

Hope this helps!
Mara

Edited by tarabelle2 - Oct 03 2007 at 12:10pm
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2007 at 3:08pm
i wish the mods would sticky this thread. 

help...samone?
diva84 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2007 at 3:56pm
I never really thought about doing anything to the hair underneath before.  I've been to two different stylists since I started wearing my weave in January.  Neither one recommended that I really do anything to my hair in between visits.  I spend a lot of time at the gym, too, and have always wondered if that was having a negative impact on my hair.
I have my next appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to ask what my stylist recommends.  If he says nothing, then I might try the Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 or one of the essential oil mixtures some other ladies have recommended.

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2007 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by havilland havilland wrote:

i wish the mods would sticky this thread. 

help...samone?
No need to add this to the stickies since this thread is part of the Weaves/Extensions 101 sticky thread.. I think the admins wanted to avoid too many stickies cluttering up the forum.. It's easier to add threads to that one sticky which makes it accessible to everyone, and it keeps the forum from being too cluttered..

Edited by DivaVocals - Nov 28 2007 at 2:53pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic