BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sew-in weave maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
cherrybomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sew-in weave maintenance
    Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 5:18pm
i just got bobbi boss ocean wave 14" installed partially throughout my head. i was wondering if anyone had any tips on shampooing and conditioning, brushing, how to wear it at night, and anything else that could help prolong the life of my weave. thanks!
Sponsored Links

MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 12:15am
I currently have a sew-in installed, also. As for shampooing and conditioning, I treat the extension hair as if it was my real hair. Always detangle your hair before washing it, and be sure to wash your hair in one direction. This will prevent tangles. I will say that I find it easier washing my hair in the shower when I have a sew-in though, that way I can tilt my head back and not have to worry about lifting the tracks up.

At night time, I moisturize my braids underneath with a liquid moisturizer and then I wrap my hair. I brush my hair with a bristle or cushion brush, also.

Edited by MissMesha - Jul 07 2010 at 12:19am
CandyGirl00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyGirl00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 10:33am
I have the Bobbi Boss French Wave and like MissMesha said treat it like its your own. I shampoo and DC 1x per week and cowash about 2-3x per week. For the DC treatments I use an applicator bottle to put the conditioner inbetween the tracks on the braids. I use Hawiian Silky 14 in1 moisturizer on my leave out and on the braids underneath. I also seal it in with an oil. I brush it out with a paddle brush before each wash. The way my sew-in is installed I tie down my edges at night and finger comb the rest of the hair and put it in a big braid and sleep with a bonnet on. In the morning I take out the braid and mist the hair with some water and apply some creme of nature leave in to the weave hair and my hair to refresh the curl and tame any frizz and then just let it be. If I keep playing with it it tends to frizz more so I just keep my hands out of it for the rest of the day unless I'm going to the gym and I then put it in a ponytail and start all over again.....HTH 
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 11:28am
The Bobbi Boss is really pretty. I bet you ladies hair is fab! I have the First Lady by Outre right now. I just wanted to try it out. So far, so good.
CandyGirl00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandyGirl00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 1:04pm
First Lady by Outre...hmmmm never heard of that one but it sounds nice....I been slipping lolLOL
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2010 at 11:52pm
^ Lol, yeah, it's pretty good. It's a quick weave, and it looks so natural! I love it :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply