Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

SEW IN LACE WIG

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
missbueno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missbueno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEW IN LACE WIG
    Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 4:27pm
im looking to order my FIRST lace wig, I plan on trying rex.

one site i went on sells "sew in full lace wigs" 
but the details only state:
"This wig is for Sew in ONLY.

The Lace is 0.2 Hard lace. Cannot be glued down like a regular full lace wig."

if said i want a ".2 lace" would REX know what im talking about? I just want a wig that im able to sew onto my head.
Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 4:35pm
Babes you can sew any lace wig to your hair. This looks uncomfortable and looks like it make noise when you scratch. I will wait for other replies.
missbueno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missbueno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 6:21pm
  • thanks for responding, do you any of you guys know what a  0.2 lace is? is that the correct term?
  •  this was also posted:
  • What is the difference Between the 0.2 lace and a regular Swiss or French Lace?

The 0.2 lace is a very hard lace. Its for sew in only. You can't glue it down like the swiss and french lace. The Swiss and French lace is softer and for regular full lace Glue on Wig.

• Will the 0.2 Lace Irritate my scalp?

The 0.2 Lace is very strong and if you have a sensitive scalp, it might irritate the scalp. However, after few washes, the lace soften and feels normal.

starliteboo View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2013 at 6:41pm
    I don't know what 0.2 lace means but I do know if it say it will be hard then you should not get it. The purpose of having soft lace is so it blends/melt onto your skin and that it looks natural. If this is your first wig I would suggest getting French lace since its more durable then Swiss. Swiss lace requires a very gentle touch and too much manipulation from a newbie may cause it to tear. That's my personal opinion of course. FYI I have purchased several units from Rex over the years and his units always shed from the crown. I would go with another vendor...again just my opinion on Rex

Edited by starliteboo - Mar 01 2013 at 6:41pm
    Favored1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favored1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 12:17am
    This sounds like the lace on the wigs they sell in the BSS...hard, scratchy and non-blendable. I wouldn't get this.  Like suga said, any wig can be sew down.  Get french lace like Starliteboo suggested and you should be all good.
    missbueno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missbueno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2013 at 2:53pm
    thanks everyone for responding..too bad rex has shedding wigs. Ill search this forum for other vendors.
    Brandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 12:46pm
    Originally posted by missbueno missbueno wrote:

thanks everyone for responding..too bad rex has shedding wigs. Ill search this forum for other vendors.

I sew on my lace wigs sometimes around the whole perimeter. However, lately I just sew the back and tape the front so it looks for natural. In any regards I use regular swiss or french lace and both hold up well to the sewing. Sometimes I even sew tracks for more thickness and the lace is fine, no huge holes or rips. 

I just purchased a unit from Rex. I've been wearing it for 3 weeks. I have installed it twice and did high lift color on the front to lighten up the color. I have experienced no shedding on this unit. This is just my personal experience, but for the 5 wigs I have ordered from Rex over the years not one shed on me. 
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Dependable Quality Hair
    Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
     Post Reply Post Reply