Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Sew in Lace Wig (stylesbyese)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 2:24pm

Yes, that’s what I like the most about this method: wearing my hair up, the lace is thinner than the wefts so it s easier to hide.

I have never been able to find somebody to do my sew-in the way I like it and I can’t wear a lace wig the way it was intended to cause my hairline is too low so this is the best method for me. At least for now…I don’t know about you but this is a journey for me and I try different things and hopefully I will find something that will be perfect for me .

But of course there are the cons I told u about, and I wish I was able to access my hair more often. I remove the wig weekly, shampoo,DC overnight,moisturize and put it back 

Now I transformed my lace wig into a u-part lace wig (I never been able to deal with the demarcation line, I leave a horse shoe and perimeter out).

Sponsored Links

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 8:50pm
Personally, I don't really see the appeal of sewing on a lace wig, they just seem to   I'd rather just do a straight up weave, but that's just me.  I think it would be safer for your natural hair to use some sort of glueless or mostly glue free option and remove daily (if one doesn't want to be bothered with the glue/tape routine of a lace wig).
corenybay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corenybay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 9:08pm

On user made a great point. the lace wig is lighter than 3 bundles of wefts. So Its pretty nice. If there were an awesome way yo get to your scalp to it would be perfect. But al hair systems have a pro and con. 

All in all I want something I can wear up. And this seems perfect.

corenybay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corenybay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 9:10pm
Plus I forgot to mention. I will be starting hip hop dance and I ned something secure. I don't really like the time consuming nature of weaves. They are something I can not do myself. Where as I can sew a wig to my head and it won't cause a fortune. :]
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by corenybay corenybay wrote:

Plus I forgot to mention. I will be starting hip hop dance and I ned something secure. I don't really like the time consuming nature of weaves. They are something I can not do myself. Where as I can sew a wig to my head and it won't cause a fortune. :]

Fair enough, and the cons have already been posted!  My main pet peeves are the potential blending issues, but since you are using KS, that shouldn't be an issue.

This is my fave YT video of one young lady who sewed in her wig - she did a fantastic job.

bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Originally posted by corenybay corenybay wrote:

Fair enough, and the cons have already been posted!  My main pet peeves are the potential blending issues, but since you are using KS, that shouldn't be an issue.

This is my fave YT video of one young lady who sewed in her wig - she did a fantastic job.

She did a great job! Clap

That looks like a lot of work though

shoot i wear these wigs for the ease of sliding them off and on LOL

Edited by bg - Jul 10 2013 at 3:27pm
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 12:16am
Hey I like peekmill and ese these African girls are really creative! I like the idea its  good if you want to put your hair up *looks secure I had never seen the hard lace technique and think its just another option. and if its kinky maybe it will match your hair nicely. If this works please post pics
hairaddictfl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairaddictfl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 1:36am
I would not order from them if I were you, their have been allot of negative reviews about them. Its hard finding good quality full lace wigs online if not impossible, make sure you do your research before purchasing I once spent 400 dollars on a full lace wig and it wasn't even cable of being worn I was scared a bird would get confused and come lay its eggs in what I like to call a birds nest.
corenybay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corenybay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 2:24pm
I have a wig I am going to use. The only think I am worried about it the size of the wig. I'm not sure what to do because I think it goes to long into my nape. 
NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 8:49pm
Oh thank god i am not the only one who was thinking about doing this !

I wanted a versatile hairstyle that could be worn in a ponytail too. But after several attempts at making a versatile upart, I gave up and chose the lace wig route !

My edges are healthy, relaxed and APL; not like hers! I was horrified and feel sorry for her !

But i digress.

Soooo I am looking for a curly unit ( maybe from Roman) that would require minimum manipulation for my real hair . I would just braid my own hair at night. Plus, I dont care for a parting, I will just wear it to the side (if that makes any sense) and off my face!

But the problem is:
- the size of the cap (one size smaller? how smaller? cutom order?)
- the type of the cap (lace front with wefts at the back? full lace? glueless cap?)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic