Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SEW IN ITCHES LIKE CRAZY!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Relaxed_Steff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relaxed_Steff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEW IN ITCHES LIKE CRAZY!!!!!
    Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 1:58am
I recently got a sew in and it itches like crazy!! I put some oil on my scalp but it only relieved it for awhile..I read some other post and people recommended washing your hair but I'm unaware of how I would wash my hair since I have curly weave..and I'm scared the curl may go away and I also bought some cheap weave (emotions human hair plus $12.99) and I've heard stories about the cheap hair tangling up..THIS IS MY FIRST SEW IN HELPPP!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

coco lanoir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coco lanoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 2:06am
I can't help but I am getting down on my knees n asking the LORD to help u out w/ this one...good luck my newbie sista
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 2:57am
IMO, if you can don't get the "cheap" hair again, get a more expensive hair that you can re use and won't tangle if you wash it.  When I have an itchy scalp I wash and conditon my hair but I am sorry to hear about this...but, you should try to wash and condition, and prepare for the worst, I used to use braid spray sometimes but that can cause a build up and make the hair heavy and it wont be good if its not a good quality...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relaxed_Steff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 3:34am
Yea ill deff get some much more expensive hair I was just in such a rush and unexperienced and the hair actually looks very nice but never again!...worst mistake ever! But I kinda found something to ease the itching I but some shampoo and water in a spray bottle and sprayed it down my scalp in between all the hair and put some moisturizer on the braids and that seemed to help for a little while!
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 3:38am
Good, I'm glad it helped!!!
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 3:38am
Usually, the scalp itches because its dry so get a light moisturizer to apply every day so you won't have the horrible problem ever again, i know how it is!!! LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relaxed_Steff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 3:44am
Yea thanks a lot!!
geisha!girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geisha!girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 11:15am
I have just realized i cant wear BSS hair, it may say human, but im sure they mix in some processed hair, and boyyyyyyyyy that mess itched to high heaven, and it was the "Expensive" brand. But my virgin hair, didnt itch if not at all.
xCuriousx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xCuriousx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2010 at 6:04pm
My scalp is NOTORIOUS for getting dry/dandruff like scabs when I'm weaved up which itch like crazy. I use jamaican mango&lime loc spray through each of my braids...if that doesn't work a rat tail comb is your best friend.
CEE JAY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CEE JAY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2010 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Relaxed_Steff Relaxed_Steff wrote:

Yea ill deff get some much more expensive hair I was just in such a rush and unexperienced and the hair actually looks very nice but never again!...worst mistake ever! But I kinda found something to ease the itching I but some shampoo and water in a spray bottle and sprayed it down my scalp in between all the hair and put some moisturizer on the braids and that seemed to help for a little while!

PUT the hair in loose braids or twists like six to eight dilute shampoo with water and put in an applicator bottle to put on scalp( try a tea tree shampoo) lightly massage scalp then rinse then do the same with a diluted moisturizing conditioner
PS do not bother the hair in braids while shampooing the shampoo will run down the hair as you rinse after you rinse the conditioner take out one section at a time detagle with large comb then add your product for wavy hair and scrunch or plop let hair air dry do not touch the hair while it air dries do not touch it it will frizz
try a little olive or coconut oil VERY LIGHTLY on the scalp every few days

Edited by CEE JAY - Apr 14 2010 at 12:05pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists