One of the most common treatments for dandruff is dandruff shampoo.
Cleansing the hair with mild shampoo can decrease oil and cell buildup
and help you keep you keep your dandruff in c heck. However once the
shampoos or products are discontinued, dandruff will return in about
three days. There are a number of medicated anti-dandruff shampoos each
with a different ingredient like
- Selenium sulfide (i.e. Selsun)
- Ketoconazole (i.e. Nizoral) available as 1% over-the-counter shampoo and a 2% prescription-shampoo.
- Zinc pyrithione (i.e. Head and Shoulders, Pert Plus Dandruff Control)
- Salicylic acid (i.e. Sebcur, T-Sak)
- Tar shampoos (i.e. T-Gel)
Know more here http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/health-articles/dandruff-overview.shtml