FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Settling for an unsexy guy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Settling for an unsexy guy
    Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 8:45am
I recently broke up with my boyfriend (July) and shortly thereafter I met another gentleman who is over all pretty nice. We have gone out dinner and have hung out about one week for the last couple of months. He is financially stable,no kids, has a great relationship with his parents, owns his own house and has a pretty decent job. He also does not mind spending money on me which is nice but I am not physically attracted to him. When we first kissed I did not feel any sparks and my heart did not skip a beat. My sister thinks I should stick with him because maybe he will eventually grow on me. But I am just wondering if I should just keep him in the friend category and just continue my search for the right one. I guess I wanted to know is there ever a time when its okay to settle for someone that isn't that attractive but kinda great in ever other category. 
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 10:03am
stick with him for now. looks aren't everything. 

however, if you genuinely don't see yourself with him for the long run...let him go so someone else can have him.

Edited by csungrl09 - Nov 24 2013 at 10:04am
TOUSHA11 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TOUSHA11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 10:22am
Being attracted to a person is important. No looks are not the most important thing but they are on the top of the list. If you are not attracted to someone you will be bound to cheat no matter how good they treat you it will be a waste of your time and theirs.
iWorship_BlackGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iWorship_BlackGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 10:43am
If he is spending money on you, then stay with him and milk that lame for his guap. You weren't attracted to him from day 1, so the only reason you were with him is because you were impressed with his financial status. You know, yall females kill me with that "He spend money on me" stuff.... He obviously seems like the lame type of n**ga who has no idea how to trick off on a b*tch, and get's milked for his check. 
Why don't you let him know off top what the deal is? He wants the coochie (affection, arm candy) & you want the money. If you do that, you can set that relationship as strictly business from the get-go and nobody gets hurt. You shouldn't defitnely do that instead of playing games with him just cause he got a little money and a crib.  Don't force yourself to find a n** attractive... Yall females kill me though.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

I recently broke up with my boyfriend (July) and shortly thereafter I met another gentleman who is over all pretty nice. We have gone out dinner and have hung out about one week for the last couple of months. He is financially stable,no kids, has a great relationship with his parents, owns his own house and has a pretty decent job. He also does not mind spending money on me which is nice but I am not physically attracted to him. When we first kissed I did not feel any sparks and my heart did not skip a beat. My sister thinks I should stick with him because maybe he will eventually grow on me. But I am just wondering if I should just keep him in the friend category and just continue my search for the right one. I guess I wanted to know is there ever a time when its okay to settle for someone that isn't that attractive but kinda great in ever other category. 

This right here.

No, we have all dated guys that looked 'good on paper' and thought about staying (settling)  for him.  I have tried to muster up some desire .. but really .. you can't fake attraction and IMO the attractiveness of he guy never gets better as time goes by. 

In the end - I had to put them in 'the friend zone' because I HAVE to have that passion and spark! I want the BOOM BOOM sex that I can't get enough of because I am crazy for him! Don't you want to walk down the aisle feeling like you are OVER THE MOON? That is very different that settling for a guy that looks good on paper. You will spend your time being jealous of all your truly happy girlfriend's relationship .. and maybe their guy doesn't even look good on paper. They are just very happy together.

Hey, without it .. (or the hope of getting it again) LIFE IS JUST NOT WORTH LIVING! Hee hee!

Seriously, just let him down easy.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 24 2013 at 4:21pm
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 4:44pm
You broke up in July. You shouldn't be looking for a man right now.
Enjoy the unsexy guy. Two guys I seriously dated were not attractive to me when we first met, and when we kissed it was not special, but they did grow on me.
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 6:20pm
They usually grow on me tbh...
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2013 at 8:55pm
Stick with him...looks aren't everything and besides he sounds like a pretty good dude who is well established. I agree with your sister he will grow on you. Good guys like that are hard 2 come by. Sounds like a keeper to me.

Edited by Beauty620 - Nov 24 2013 at 8:56pm
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 7:31am
Thanks LADIES for your response. I already told him that I wasn't looking to jump into a serious relationship right now because I only shortly met him after breaking up with my ex. He has asked me to accompany him to DR two months after knowing him and I had to dead that trip because I knew I wasn't that into him at the time. But I will give it some time to as you ladies have suggested.  
NSA_agent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NSA_agent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2013 at 9:41am
Settling does not work

If you value looks more than all the other things he brings to the table, don't waste each others time.  
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic