Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Set up for a Comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 6:28pm
Gonna massage my scalp after I put some food in the oven. : )
Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 9:23pm
Thinking back to what really worked for my hair - when I was growing like crazy - I realize that I didn't put heat on my hair during my year long stretch. Im thinking that I dont need to do any more blow drying. Just the heating cap for my DCs. 

I'm on Inversion Day 4 and totally loving it! I'm amazed to say the least. So simple, yet so powerful. 
Also I realized today that when I "baggy" its the same thing as doing GHE. DUH! I've been baggying just after I braid up for like FOREVER. Who knew?

Anyway, I hope you ladies are staying on track. The Inversion Method is keeping me focused on doing something every day for my hair. I have to figure out what to do when I'm wigging (wearing my lace wig). I usually hide for about a week during that time and its easy to get off track because I'm not actively paying attention to my strands. 

Any ideas?

HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 1:04pm
flwonline, if you glue your wig down then only do the front and pin the back down so you still have access your hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 3:15pm
My head is itching like nobody's business!! I have not been consistent with my vitamins but they are working so I am trying to stay consistent. 

Tonight I plan on spraying the shea moisture spray with the black label followed by the alikay naturals oil I got for a steal last year and might as well put it to use. I go through each row I can get to with my sew in. Its kind of difficult with pretty much 4 bundles of kinky and curly hair. After I manage to get access to my scalp, I will do a twist out and probably baggy for the night. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and was scratching my head like crazy (or at least trying to). I am going to see what kind of effect the GHE has tonight.

Currently I am trying to find the best way to scratch my head without doing that patting thing. I think if I am consistent, I should definitely meet my goal by November!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:44pm
Been wearing my hair in braid outs and puffs, using Shea Moisture curl smoothie and curl gel souffle (why do I fall for every BOGO I see?) so, I detoxed my hair today to get rid of that gunky feel, that I don't like.  Used HH to detangle in the shower, M&S as usual and allowing my hair to airdry in 2 flat twists.

I think I'm in a growth spurt. I can feel a sensation on my scalp when I am so, it seems promising. I'm tempted to do a length check to peek but, I'll wait. But, I'm noting the sensation that I'm feeling. 

I've started back regularly using my hair growth oil and also taking vites formulated with time-released super b-vite complex and vitamin C to keep the biotin overload from breaking me out and keep everything else working max.  I hadn't used biotin in awhile because, even washing it out of my system with drinking lots of water, I'd still have breakouts. Shoot, that was more difficult to clear up than growing hair.  That said, I'm also drinking more green tea for overall good health.

I've decided to up my cowashing/cleansing to at least 2-3x a week now that it's warm out and now that wash days are easier for me.  I'm very excited about that because I love the feeling of water on my scalp.

I think I have about 2 inches to the top of my hips.  Not planning to claim hip until well beyond.  I've been saying that I want to grow a bit beyond hip and then cut back to w'hip length but, I'm really not planning to wear my hair straight.  Ny length goal will greatly depend on how my unstretched hair hangs and how much hair I'm able to handle.  So basically, we shall see.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 9:43pm
Inversion day 5 and my braids look less than orderly and neat. That must be a sign of something, right? I ran out of my MN mix allotment for this week. So instead of making another batch, I'm going to baggy with Fantasia Tea Tree Serum, a spritz of Avocado Mist, and MTG tonight.

Originally posted by HaitianBeauty_ HaitianBeauty_ wrote:

flwonline, if you glue your wig down then only do the front and pin the back down so you still have access your hair.

That might be doable! I might have to use tape instead of pins so I dont pierce the lace. It would give me access to the back and sides which beats a blank for the week.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by NJoy NJoy wrote:

I've started back
regularly using my hair growth oil and also taking vites formulated with
time-released super b-vite complex and vitamin C to keep the biotin
overload from breaking me out and keep everything else working max.  I
hadn't used biotin in awhile because, even washing it out of my system
with drinking lots of water, I'd still have breakouts. Shoot, that was
more difficult to clear up than growing hair.  That said, I'm also
drinking more green tea for overall good health.

Today I officially dumped Hairfinity. It was screwing with my thyroid. Good growth but not at the expense of extreme shedding. I got some Neocell Super Collagen + C from Walmart and added a biotin pill to that. I only have problems with breakouts when I dont drink enough fluids. ITA, those breakouts are horrendous but easily cured with a little smidge of tea tree oil on top of the bump.

Originally posted by NJOY NJOY wrote:

... length goal will greatly depend on how my unstretched
hair hangs and how much hair I'm able to handle.  So basically, we
shall see.

Even though I say Hip Valley ( just after waist, and before hip), I think I feel the same way as you about the final goal. Im confident I can grow to whatever length I set my mind to, but I have reservations about being "too long", or putting myself into a situation where I cant manage it.

I remember when my hair was almost to my elbow and feeling frustrated about the drying process. Thats after BSL but before WL and it was exhausting trying to get dry in a timely fadhion. I can only imagine what a couple more inches would be like but im going on with the plan anyway.

Edited by flwonline - Jun 10 2014 at 10:10pm
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:30pm
SO wanting to DC my hair tonight but, er um... it's late.  Tomorrow tho.  I'm there.  I hope everyone's doing well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 2:35pm
I have been so inconsistent with my vitamins. I find myself being too preoccupied and lazy on the weekends. When i take my vitamins my scalp tingles and itches. It's almost instantaneous. When I don't take my vitamins my scalp is like calm waters. So hopefully that will motivate to stop missing days!

Now, with me being so indecisive and never satisfied, after only two weeks I took out my sew in. I have legit reasons for doing so however, besides just being bored. I decided that my sew in was too tight and I actually saw the strands ripping out of my scalp. -_- So I decided to take out my sew in and cater to my leave out and scalp. So I washed my leave out and cowashed the rest of my braids. I did an ACV rinse and then deep conditioned my leave out. I realized that I need a protein treatment BAD. So that's first business of order once I'm ready to take these braids out. I straightened my leave out and actually got a pic of my current length:

The pic looks weird because my phone did something weird and made my hair look longer. But the distance from armpit length is accurate.

I sewed my hair on a upart and I'm just going to sew that down because it causes WAAAAYYY less tension on my hair. and I figured that will help keep a barrier on my hair as well. I just hope that I can effectively scratch my head. 

Oh! and I was taking Maxi Hair Vitamins in May but I thought that it was making under my eyes dark. But now I think it was something else. So I am going to try them again because I am not in-taking all the necessary vitamins.

Stay motivated ladies! and NJoy, please decide to do your hair earlier in the day! As a natural, I know once it hits 8 o'clock I do not want to even THINK about doing my hair.
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 9:33pm
HaitianBeauty_, Now you tell me. 

It's 10:30pm, I'm dead dog tired and lamenting about having to do something with this hair.  It's times like this that I really wish I knew someone who could gently braid my hair up for me.  I can braid other's  hair but not my own.  So for now, I'll muster up the energy to separate my hair into about 6 sections (I'm in a bunned up mess right now) and oil my hair in preparation for a midweek cowash tomorrow.  Now, if I can just get back in the habit of doing my hair first thing in the morning, that would be great.  If my hair was braided so that I can just get up and go, that would be even better.  But for now, I gotta do what I gotta do.  Celie braids it is! Ouch
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>