Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Set up for a Comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 8:49pm
Why, oh why do I wait so late to want to do something to my hair? 

I want to up my wash days to 2x per week. I love the feel of water showering on my head.  I wanted to wash and DC my hair, since I've been wearing it out for the past few days. But even a cowash would be cool... if it wasn't so late. Now I'm tired.  Blah Dead  Still trying to decide whether to go for it or not or whether to just wait until tomorrow.  #rambling
Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:12am
Last night I couldn't stand being under the LF another minute. It gets hot at night and I wake up sweating. I needed my scalp to breathe! Took it off with no issues except a small trail of glue around my rear perimeter. I have some Topsol remover somewhere. I can tell I have more New growth. Nothing to call the press about but worthy of mention.

Going to stay on schedule for washday tomorrow. My mix was good and thick. The oils are still in so I'm not going to do anything with it today except pin it up if I have to go out.

Found this awesome photo of Zoe Saldana. This is the hair I want. This is look. This style.
I'm so psyched to grow, I may try inversion to give me a quick boost.

NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:00pm
^^^ Love it!

Welp! Not only didn't I end up doing anything to my hair last night but, I'm dealing with a crushing sinus headache right now so... yeah, I'm going back to sleep. Not sure I'll even get up to use my growth oil.  Owie. Dead
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 7:23pm
Thinking about making a hot oil treatment. Found this site that has a million kinds of butters and oils that I can add my own fragrances and stuff to, inexpensively.  I'd have to order it, but they have free shipping so I can't complain. 

I may make that my new thing for July....
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 2:34pm
Hey ladies! I would like to join. I got my last relaxer in July 2012 after making it to BSL, I moved and then my hair started falling out? It was a mess and along with the fact that for my whole life the back of my hair refused to grow. My sister did a sew in for me (and apparently hated me) because she ripped out my edges (classic) to the point where I had to rock my hair like I shaved the side of my head for a week. Cry I have always had thick hair. So that was quite depressing. After that, plus my hair falling out, the back not growing worth a lick and working at a natural hair salon (the irony) I was pushed to go natural. I cut my hair April '13.

So I spent the last year trying to get to know my hair and I feel like I haven't made as much growth as I would like. Because I would manipulate my hair too much.

So now for my setup for a comeback. I am currently around..idk I would say 1/2 in above APL and by November (my bday) I would like to be full BSL. I am currently in a protective style and plan on going hard on this sew in business until then. I used to wear sew ins all the time and never cared for my hair underneath and just let nature take its course. I am not sure if I should do that this time or actually do some rituals and maybe I will see faster growth? Any advice would be great.

Besides protective styling, I will cut back on washing my hair every week to washing my hair once a month which will be difficult. But I haven't found the right shampoo that doesn't strip my hair. I will be cleansing my scalp with ACV, clay washes, co washes & the like between washes however.

So far that's all I have planned for my set up. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated because Lord knows I need it. Oh and I am taking Biotin which I have seen great progress before doing my sew in. I went from the front being above my lip to under my lips in two weeks or so. Smh. I'm not counting.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by HaitianBeauty_ HaitianBeauty_ wrote:

Hey ladies! I would like to join. I got my last relaxer in July 2012 after making it to BSL, I moved and then my hair started falling out? It was a mess and along with the fact that for my whole life the back of my hair refused to grow. My sister did a sew in for me (and apparently hated me) because she ripped out my edges (classic) to the point where I had to rock my hair like I shaved the side of my head for a week. Cry I have always had thick hair. So that was quite depressing. After that, plus my hair falling out, the back not growing worth a lick and working at a natural hair salon (the irony) I was pushed to go natural. I cut my hair April '13.

So I spent the last year trying to get to know my hair and I feel like I haven't made as much growth as I would like. Because I would manipulate my hair too much.

So now for my setup for a comeback. I am currently around..idk I would say 1/2 in above APL and by November (my bday) I would like to be full BSL. I am currently in a protective style and plan on going hard on this sew in business until then. I used to wear sew ins all the time and never cared for my hair underneath and just let nature take its course. I am not sure if I should do that this time or actually do some rituals and maybe I will see faster growth? Any advice would be great.

Besides protective styling, I will cut back on washing my hair every week to washing my hair once a month which will be difficult. But I haven't found the right shampoo that doesn't strip my hair. I will be cleansing my scalp with ACV, clay washes, co washes & the like between washes however.

So far that's all I have planned for my set up. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated because Lord knows I need it. Oh and I am taking Biotin which I have seen Ogreat progress before doing my sew in. I went from the front being above my lip to under my lips in two weeks or so. Smh. I'm not counting.

Welcome Haitain Beauty! I totally understand about setbacks. Believe me, I do. 
Glad to see you ready to get back into the growing game and get your length. 
There aren't any rules here. Just get back on track and use this thread to help you stay focused. Post often!

So you're only washing once a month? Are you doing any conditioning in the meantime?

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 5:48pm
Washday went well. I did a few things differently though. First I shampooed with Peppermint Castille soap, which stripped my hair of everything that I had been putting in it. Then I shampooed again with Nizoral - OMG! That stuff stripped my hair even more. I've never felt "dry" wet hair before. It was really weird.  Then I conditioned with Megatek and JBCO on top of that. I was going to sit under the heating cap but my wonderful teenage daughter can't remember where she put it so I threw on a plastic cap and wore that for about 3 hours with a wig cap on top to keep the natural heat in. Rinsed that out with lukewarm water and let my hair airdry halfway and I blow dried it the rest of the way. BUTTER! My hair was so soft and unbelievable. I gotta do that again. I think all the stripping let the other stuff do its job better. 

I slept with my hair clamped in a plastic spider clip that night, and I did my first day of the inversion. 
4 minutes relaxed and touching my toes, then rolling up slowly. The blood rushing to my head was an unusual feeling but we'll see how it goes. If I get any growth from that I'll be surprised, but then again, I've done stranger things that actually DO work. LOL

In the morning, I braided my hair up into about 12 cornrows then applied the 4% and used the Glovers (5% sulfur, 3% salicylic acid). The 4% does wonders for me with that Glovers. I get much better growth than with the Sulfur 8 which has less sulfur. My heads been tingling all friggin day! I baggied with that for about 2 hours because I had to run some errands. 

The ripples from last week weren't enough to jump for joy but enough to let me know I'm growing. I was going to do photos but there wasn't any real significance this week. Next week I'll be able to show the effects of inversion plus the 4% MN/MT/Glovers. My head is itching all across the back of my head. 

Oh! I also figured out why my front perimiter is acting crazy. It's those dang BSS lacefronts! That hard lace is ripping out my front progress and Lord knows I don't need a bigger forehead. From now on, if I have to throw one one I'm going to wrap my perimeter with one of those easy-rip ace bandages. They're lightweight...

Vitamins and DE almost every day. I keep forgetting but I remember more than I forget. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:06pm
flwonline, I plan on trying to wash once a month. I also plan on doing sew ins routinely until November. Hopefully I can last. With that said, I plan on doing the GHE and applying oils to my scalp until I feel the need to wash which then I will do a ACV cleanse and washing in between sew ins.

On another note, during my last post I was dying because my braids were so tight under my sew in. It's been less than a week and my braids are moving!

What i realized was that with taking biotin and aguaje, I get good growth plus other benefits such as stronger, healthier and shiny hair. I am less about what I do on the outside of my hair and more about what I put on the inside.

Hopefully I can get someone to take a pic of my leave out so you guys can watch me grow!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

Washday went well. I did a few things differently though. First I shampooed with Peppermint Castille soap, which stripped my hair of everything that I had been putting in it. Then I shampooed again with Nizoral - OMG! That stuff stripped my hair even more. I've never felt "dry" wet hair before. It was really weird.  Then I conditioned with Megatek and JBCO on top of that. I was going to sit under the heating cap but my wonderful teenage daughter can't remember where she put it so I threw on a plastic cap and wore that for about 3 hours with a wig cap on top to keep the natural heat in. Rinsed that out with lukewarm water and let my hair airdry halfway and I blow dried it the rest of the way. BUTTER! My hair was so soft and unbelievable. I gotta do that again. I think all the stripping let the other stuff do its job better. 

I slept with my hair clamped in a plastic spider clip that night, and I did my first day of the inversion. 
4 minutes relaxed and touching my toes, then rolling up slowly. The blood rushing to my head was an unusual feeling but we'll see how it goes. If I get any growth from that I'll be surprised, but then again, I've done stranger things that actually DO work. LOL

In the morning, I braided my hair up into about 12 cornrows then applied the 4% and used the Glovers (5% sulfur, 3% salicylic acid). The 4% does wonders for me with that Glovers. I get much better growth than with the Sulfur 8 which has less sulfur. My heads been tingling all friggin day! I baggied with that for about 2 hours because I had to run some errands. 

The ripples from last week weren't enough to jump for joy but enough to let me know I'm growing. I was going to do photos but there wasn't any real significance this week. Next week I'll be able to show the effects of inversion plus the 4% MN/MT/Glovers. My head is itching all across the back of my head. 

Oh! I also figured out why my front perimiter is acting crazy. It's those dang BSS lacefronts! That hard lace is ripping out my front progress and Lord knows I don't need a bigger forehead. From now on, if I have to throw one one I'm going to wrap my perimeter with one of those easy-rip ace bandages. They're lightweight...

Vitamins and DE almost every day. I keep forgetting but I remember more than I forget. 

My mother had this issue and decided to put a headband around her perimeter and it was a quick and noticeable difference.

I think I want to try this sulfur stuff. How does it help? Does it promote growth or promote a healthy scalp for growth? 
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 4:51pm
I'm just checking in a bit here.
I'm braiding my hair up for the night, and for my scalp massages.
I'm gonna try and keep my hair in these braids until Friday morning.
It's not cute--lol--, but I don't have any engagements until work this weekend. 
I plan to cowash on Friday to remove the scent of Sulfur from my hair.
I am also planning to sit underneath the hooded dryer for about 10-15 so the oil will soak up into my scalp.
I take that back. I'm not gonna do that since my hair is already kind of dry.
Working on getting my moisture levels up.

Edited by AmberColour - Jun 09 2014 at 4:57pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>