Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Set up for a Comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set up for a Comeback
    Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:52pm
While im not enthused about my starting point, I realize it could be worse so im taking this set up super seriously and going hard for this comeback.

Most of you know that I was hard on my game with MN4, Megatek and MTG. I grew like crazy for months! Im not really sure why I fell off the wagon at first, but then my moms failing health and later death took over my world. Add to that getting married 2 months after my mom died, and then buying a house and a puppy within 3 months of that, plus raising 2 preteens....can you say CHAOS???

Needless to say, I went from almost MBL to barely APL by my wedding day, and now starting again according to my Fotki, the same place I was when i first came to BHM years ago.

Its all good. Im ready, and ive oriented my husband well to terms like Megatek, Emu, MTG, and have thoroughly explained why I put Monistat on my head. He's good. Confused a little but supportive. LOL

So, whoever else needs some encouragement and nudging to keep on the grow, join me in my new hair journey and lets do it together!

My goal length is Hip Valley...that place just after WL and just before Hip. Thats a way off for me. I dread even checking the shirt measure to see how far I have to go. Im taking baby steps for now. First stop, APL!

Edited by flwonline - May 27 2014 at 6:54pm
Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 7:00pm
Here's my starting photo:

Edited by flwonline - May 27 2014 at 7:02pm
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 6:14am
I understand you were under a lot of stress, but what do you think was the primary cause of the hair loss? Do you think the ends of your hair got a bit too processed by the touchup? I am assuming you are relaxed and that that is the most likely culprit.  I would lean more toward texlaxing, stretch to 3 times per year or less and permit ZERO overlapping of chemical during touchup. In addition, I have become aware that the best results with relaxed hair are with air drying, roller sets, wraps, bunning, braid outs and in general NO HEAT whatsoever, if relaxed.  See prettywitty77 on youtube. Aside from that, you might also want to look into getting a kilo of MSM, take 3 tbspns of it per day in juice to keep the hair in the growing stage as opposed to the shedding stage.

Best wishes Flwonline, and I pray no one has to experience such a severe setback like you mentioned!

For the look you seem to like in your avatar, roller sets followed by saran wraps and nightly wraps might be your ticket. Prettywitty77 has videos on all 3 on her channel the way she does them to get smooth results with zero heat and stretching relaxers 4-6 months. To do a roller set with that much new growth, you will want to put the hair in about 8 or more tight ponytails and rollerset the ends of each ponytail. Perhaps use gel or edge control on the roots and a brush in the pony tails to stretch out the new growth. Then do the saran wrap after if necessary for further smoothing.  Ponytail Roller sets when stretching 4- 6 months. NO HEAT whatsoever if relaxed because you may only pick ONE POISON. If you do pick a poison, ALL other hair techniques MUST be very healthful. So if relaxed or color treated, you throw out your blow dryer and flat iron. If natural, you may use some heat because you have no relaxer and no color. If you have gray and relaxed, you may only use a rinse like Beautiful Browns, henna, or Jazzing.  No peroxide colors if relaxed ... ONLY ONE POISON. If you do pick ONE POISON, you must always treat the hair with kid gloves, forever. Also, I see your hair has a reddish tint on the ends. Is that a peroxide color? If so, henna might be a  MUCH better alternative.Red palm oil will also give the hair a bit of that tone and is much healthier. In fact, red palm oil is the richest oil that we know of. It is often in African and Asian markets or online.
Please research Prettywitty77 's  channel https://www.youtube.com/user/prettywitty77 and watch her many hours of videos! Good luck with your come back Flwonline! Smile

Edited by LadyAradia - May 28 2014 at 8:22am
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2014 at 10:05pm
Welcome back, and wishing you the very 'Best Luck' on your journey   
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 5:48pm
I'll be honest. Once I hit MBL, I got lazy. I don't even know why because MBL was not my goal. 
Then I tried to clip my ends and I cut too much - unevenly I might add. Then I cut again trying to even it out. After that self-defeat set in and then I found out about my mom being in the hospital. 

Laziness, impatience, stress and then complacency. Now I'm on top of it for real. 

I washed my hair last night, conditioned with Megatek, braided up with my mix and put on a LF so I can't get to my hair for a few days. Started taking vitamins about a week ago. 
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 5:49pm
Hi Benni... thanks for dropping in! 

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 7:00pm
To stay on track, I added a new Album in my Fotki: fotki.com/ChristysHair
and I also started a blog where I'm keeping my journal http://hipvalley.blogspot.com
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:55pm
Yay!  I'm glad to see you back growing, Girl! Hug

I watched you go thru it all and had quite a bit of stress and drama myself so, I completely understand where you're coming from.  On a good note, your hair is the exact length that mine was when I first started my hair journey and, you know it grew like crazy.  All that to say, you can do it!  You can get back on track and hit your goals just as you did before. And I'm pretty pumped about that!

Clap

I'm in!
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2014 at 12:05am
Yes!!
Life definitely gets in the way over hair matters.
I needed something like this as my hair progress has significantly staggered.
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 4:22pm
Hey Njoy! Hey AmberColour!

This is a big deal for me. I'm going for 6 inches in 6 months.
What's your starting point and what are your goals?

Thanks for growing with me. It's much more fun with HairFriends! :-)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic