Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Set up for a Comeback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 8:18pm
I'm back at waist length after seeing how crazy my ends were acting when I tried that texture manageability system thing (won't do that again). I figure that was because I'm not hiding my ends away like I used to.

I'm looking to get to a full hip stretched.  I was second-guessing that goal earlier on because I had to get used to handling natural hair.  But now that I've stopped trying to handle it like relaxed hair, I'm good.  Looking forward to growing with you, Sis.
Sponsored Links

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:52pm

Here's my starting pic.
I hope for my ends to touch BSL by the year end. D:

Edited by AmberColour - Jun 02 2014 at 7:53pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

Hi Benni... thanks for dropping in! 

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:59pm
I'm Creating a new regimen... (Copied from the BSL/MBL challenge 2014)

Styling:

I'll be wearing my hair "out", as I'm bored with protective styling. I will be trying twist-outs/braidouts and the like.

I can't wait to try bantu-knot-outs. ^_^

Detangling/Washing:

I will detangle my hair dry and in a stretched state with oil. (Avocado or Grape Seed oil)
The use of oil will also be my "Pre-poo"
I will wash once every 10-14 days.

DC/Protein treatment:

Plan to Deep treat 1x a week then increase to 2x a week.
I will use a protein treatment as needed.

Growth "Aides":

I'm starting back increasing my water intake and a daily intake of 

-Multi-vitamin
-Biotin
-HSN supplement
-Collagen

*I'll add the specs on these later*

Use of sulfur oil blend - I'll make my mix tomorrow.

Edited by AmberColour - Jun 02 2014 at 10:59pm
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:16pm
AmberColour you're not that far from your goal. Your inches will add up quickly! What's in your sulfur oil?

Njoy can you post the link to your hair oil? I have a friend who wants to try it. Do you accept PayPal? Also, is being WL a lot of work or maintenance? I'm worried that once I get to my goal I'm not going to want to maintain it if it requires too much effort. The idea of it is pretty cool though.

Guess what? I was unpacking a box and found a bottle of Surge!!
It's not full. Maybe about a fifth of the bottle. I'm wondering if this will accelerate me to APL... I sprayed a little on before I applied my lace wig last week, at the front and back perimeter, and I'm itching like crazy.

Tomorrow is my takedown. I'm braided underneath. I think I'll do a baggy with some oils then Thursday is my wash day. I didnt tape down behind my ears so I can feel up under that my braids are loose. That's that quarter inch I was hoping for, I hope!

Somehow when I was growing before I don't remember the time going by so slowly. Photos on Thursday to add to my journal.

And for the life of me I can't find my length tee. My husband measured for me and 6 inches will get me to MBL. 8 inches is Hip
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:43pm
Forgot to mention that this week is my 2%MN week. When I was doing my mix dummy me couldn't find where I put the 4% vials, so I started backwards. Lol.

Thursday starts my 4% week.
SwaggerSoChic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwaggerSoChic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:40pm
Hey Hun! Good luck! I gave myself a 4 inch haircut... Now I'm around bsb, but I wanted to stretch my hair cuts from every 8 weeks, to every 6 months. A good solid canvas is always the best way to start. You grew it once so I KNOW you can do it again
flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by SwaggerSoChic SwaggerSoChic wrote:

Hey Hun! Good luck! I gave myself a 4 inch haircut... Now I'm around bsb, but I wanted to stretch my hair cuts from every 8 weeks, to every 6 months. A good solid canvas is always the best way to start. You grew it once so I KNOW you can do it again

Thanks for the encouragement!!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 8:04pm

Njoy can you post the link to your hair oil? I have a friend who wants to try it. Do you accept PayPal? Also, is being WL a lot of work or maintenance? I'm worried that once I get to my goal I'm not going to want to maintain it if it requires too much effort. The idea of it is pretty cool though.
 [/QUOTE]

At waist, I'm just getting the hang of my natural hair. I think, mainly because I've been wanting it to behave and to be able to style it like relaxed hair.  And boy was it a handful! The thought of matting and tangling had me scared to do anything but keep it separated in Celie braids I was about to give up my hip goal because of it but, when I started really treating it like natural hair (keep in mind I don't remember being anything other than relaxed), it is so much easier. And the weight and volume of it is what I'd hoped for and gives me hopes of HairCrush dreams (aka Chime).  So, I'm definitely growing it longer now that I have the hang of it.  But, until you get the hang of it, yiiiiiikes! It was handling me like a cheap ho.  Making me do whatever it wanted. LOL

The link to my oil is njoyessentials.com  And yep, I'm back on it. I'm gonna get these last few inches and see if that's enough for me.  Shoooooooot.  I might even be entertaining TBL as a natural. Confused But lemme see how I feel at hip first. LOL
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 8:05pm
I have the hardest time posting to this site.  It took me 7 tries to make that one post.  smh
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic