Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Sesame street new parent puppet in jail ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 12:48am
I think this is an excellent idea.  I just wonder if this message is getting to the children who need it the most.
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 1:03am
I think some of those critics forget how Sesame Street first started, what is was about and who it was aimed at. It has a city setting for a reason. It has always addressed tough issues. All the Sesame Street world wide do this. Our SS dealt with a new baby and how the youngest muppet was no longer the baby and got less attention and what happens when somebody dies. In South Africa they have one with HIV. In the US as a child I remember they talked about death and adoption.

Snuffleupagus was at first only visible to Big Bird to show kids it was ok to have an invisible friend. The adults couldn't see him. But they changed that once they thought how some kids might be afraid to tell adults about molestation or other things because they might not be believed like Big Bird and Snuffleupagus. 

Fake internet outrage. Those kids will be watching Sesame Street next week like every other kid but more likely playing Angry Birds with their telephone.
Xamaycana View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xamaycana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 1:14am
Considering the age-group that SS is intended for it is okay to not explore some issues.   Prison, for many families is considered too mature of an issue for young children.   I guess, some may say my daughter lives in a bubble because no one in our immediate or extended circle has been in prison.  

If we are going to have muppets tackle all social ills-will we next have rape muppet, alcoholic parent muppet, glue sniffing muppet, bulimic/anorexic muppet...?    Some things are meant to be discussed on a smaller more personal scale and it's not the job of the media or the government to discuss them.

That said, my daughter does not watch television-only prescreeened DVDs or recordings.

Edited by Xamaycana - Jun 20 2013 at 1:15am
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 4:50am
I'm not mad. Just because it doesn't fit my life doesn't mean the others who are living that life cannot be represented. Representation for all, I support it!
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 4:56am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Is he black?

eta: Oh, I see the picture now. But still....

Well he is coloured...
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Lonisha87 Lonisha87 wrote:

And if your kids can't relate, change the channel or pull up a re-run on YouTube

right.  I mean sh*t.  be happy your kids can't relate.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Watching the news . Parents are talking about how they will no longer support PBS. SMH

most of the parents talkin ish prob. don't even donate anyway, or won't do anything but blow up comment sections with racial slurs and the like.Ermm

trust.
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 5:36am
Who the f watches pbs it's 2013 i forgot the show existed and if you have family in jail pbs is probably something you sit down in watch in your house but okay.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

Who the f watches pbs it's 2013 i forgot the show existed and if you have family in jail pbs is probably something you sit down in watch in your house but okay.
Your kids never watch PBS Bunny ? Confused
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 8:57am
Dead
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>