Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

SERIOUS HELP! Sick of my natural hair! HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BrownnShuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:20am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Shuga whats going on with your posts?

Oh wow i really dont know why its doing that!! I thought it would only show up like that on my laptop!

< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="0" height="0" -offsetleft="0" -offsettop="0">

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:26am
REPOSTING THE PREVIOUS POSTS FROM ABOVE

I'd just like to thank you allll for the really helpful replies, and all so fast, I have tried to take all of your help and try and apply it to myself i.e having it in braids whilst washing (@Swift) even though halfway they undid themselves, next time i will braid them smaller.

Using natural oils (@Saniyah5) very helpful, I'm trying to use natural hair oils only - such as olive oil/coconut oil.

Also @Veemack thanks for suggesting KISS, and all the really helpful and encouraging info I have subscribed to her YouTube channel and once I am ready to start my hair journey properly, I will be signing up to her website.

BUTTTT now for what I've done with my hair for the past 3 (almost 4!) months, I'm quite dissapointed with myself and the plan slightly backfired on me :( 

Sept- Mid Oct - Crotchet, curly- water wave

Mid Oct- Late Nov - Crotchet, curly - water wave
When braiding after washing, hair was much more softer and less painful, not as bad as before!Big smile

Late Nov - Present - Straight weave with horseshoe leave outShocked
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="362">
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:34am
REPOST BECAUSE PREVIOUS POST COULDNT BE SEEN
I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below) 
I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense) I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol. 
Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere
This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Angry But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clap and I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight 
So I did the weave, and since then I've been straightening the leave out (NOT GOOD!) soo now I have split ends!! #LessonLearnt
You can check out my hair on instagram@Mz_ALC 
Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far!!

X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:36am
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="627" height="16" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

REPOST BECAUSE PREVIOUS POST COULDNT BE SEEN

I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below) 

I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense) I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol. 

Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere

This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Confused But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clapand I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight 
So I did the weave, and since then I've been straightening the leave out (NOT GOOD!) soo now I have split ends!! #LessonLearnt

You can check out my hair on instagram@Mz_ALC 

Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far!!

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:22am
You are welcome!
Sorry things did not turn out right for you, just keep your hair deep conditioned and if it starts to break at all get a protein treatment to strengthen your hair. So it did not take all the way? Under processing (texlaxing) can be very tricky, and can also damage your hair just as much as a full relaxer.....If you decide to continue with trying it again, go with your gut and purchase two kits if you choose the kiddy box. Then part your hair straight across from ear to ear. Let your mom apply the front and you do the back or vice versus. Just do half and half, front and back. Even if you do it yourself you can do the front one day and the back the next day. Many years ago this is how I would relax my hair when it was long, because it was just to much work and once a piece of hair with relaxer fell into my eye while relaxing. Not good! So I started doing half one day and half the next, but front half and back half so it would look uniformed as far as straightness. ......May God give you strength to complete all your tasks, I understand being busy, you just learn to work around your schedule and still get your beauty time in. Blessings!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:08am
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

Hi Veemack,
Thank you! I really thought i had this planned out but I knew the leave out idea and constant straightening wouldn't have been ideal. I'm trying to keep my hair moistured whilst its in the weave but the weave pattern underneath makes it quite difficult, but Im still coping, i will buy a nozzle bottle which should do the trick, I will hopefully be taking this hair out around new years and doing long twists which will be great for protection and easy moisturizing.

I totally love that idea of the 2 people working on 2 halves, I never thought of that or 2 separate days! definitely going to try that, and I really want to post a pic but i dont know how!

Do you have any tips for split ends? I heard olive oil helps, is there anything else i could do?

Thank you so much @Veemack for all your help so far, you are soooo encouraging it really amazes me, keep on spreading the lovely info you have for us!! 

I will definitely keep you updated more regularly

Stay Blessed! x
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by BrownnShuga BrownnShuga wrote:

< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

Hi Veemack,
Thank you! I really thought i had this planned out but I knew the leave out idea and constant straightening wouldn't have been ideal. I'm trying to keep my hair moistured whilst its in the weave but the weave pattern underneath makes it quite difficult, but Im still coping, i will buy a nozzle bottle which should do the trick, I will hopefully be taking this hair out around new years and doing long twists which will be great for protection and easy moisturizing.

I totally love that idea of the 2 people working on 2 halves, I never thought of that or 2 separate days! definitely going to try that, and I really want to post a pic but i dont know how!

Do you have any tips for split ends? I heard olive oil helps, is there anything else i could do?

Thank you so much @Veemack for all your help so far, you are soooo encouraging it really amazes me, keep on spreading the lovely info you have for us!! 

I will definitely keep you updated more regularly

Stay Blessed! x
You are so welcomed! Anytime! I try to help people get results, if they do the work.....For split ends, purchase a pair of cutting shears to use only for your hair and cut the split ends off. Keeping your strands lubricated with oil does help but do it daily continue with the olive oil but alternate with coconut oil because it strengthens the hair also. The key is preventing them from appearing, because once you get them, you can hide them but only get rid of them by cutting them off. When your hair is weak and dry your strands will start to split in most cases from the bottom. So keeping your hair strong and moisturized is going to eliminate split ends. Also take a look at the comb your are using, if you use a comb daily it is best to use a seamless comb. These cost more than the average comb but they are so worth it. Google seamless combs. Do not brush your hair at all or very little if you must use a brush. Watch how your hair rubs against things as you go throughout your day. Like your coat, car seat and chair at home. Try to wear your hair up and off your shoulders as much as you can. You look pretty young so you should be healthy, but if your diet is full of junk food or fast food you may need to consider a good multi vitamin. Being deficient is certain vitamins can lead to chronic split ends. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Summary:
Cut off split ends
develop a regimen to prevent them from occuring
Wash and deep condition (with heat) weekly
oil your scalp and hair daily with coconut oil or olive oil (natural oils only)
Purchase a seamless comb
No brushes or low brushing
Wear low manipulation hairstyles at least 5 days a week
Drink lots of water
consider a multi vitamin if your diet is full of fast food.
Less heat or not heat styling. If you need to flat iron then do not blow dry your hair, let it air dry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 10:10pm

Hey veemack i will be taking my hair out this week so, I will be giving my leave out a well deserved break and to be honest with you my diet hasnt been great recently because of having time off from college, but I will definitely be stepping my game up. Do you take any multi-vitamins? if so which ones?
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 7:15am
I understand that, I remember when I was in college, but what you can do is try to keep healthy snacks that you like and type of fruits or nuts. This way at least your snack foods are healthier....I take One Source hair skin and nail vitamin it is a good vitamin that absorbs really well into your system. It is cheap like $11 at Walmart. Then I take a more expensive liquid vitamin called Mineral Rich which I ordered off line.....But at your age a simple vitamin that absorbs really good is all you need. I would even recommend the gummies multi vitamins they are good find them right at Walmart or CVS.....Add more exercise to your life, the more you move the better your blood circulates, good blood circulation is need for hair growth and living. Blessings!!!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic