Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SERIOUS HELP! Sick of my natural hair! HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 3:14pm
Hello, this lady texlaxes her hair and she has a hair forum and youtube page. I think you should take some time and listen to a lot of her videos.

Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 3:17pm
Her name is Tracey and her youtube page is KISSseventyseven

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 9:30pm
hi there! i know how you feel. it can be a pain trying to figure things out. but i second both what veemack and the first responder said. in the past when my roots were nearly impossible to get through to part, it was ALWAYS because i hadn't taken the time to properly detangle my hair. now my hair is EASY to manage and handle and i almost NEVER have issues, because i stay on top of my detangling. so make sure that from the time you get through washing your hair, you immediately detangle and set it. don't give your hair the chance to get outta control. my hair is always in some kind of defined curly state because it keeps my strands aligned and therefore unable to tangle up. or i reset it into chunky twists. this reduces the time i have to spend on it and gives me the freedom to wash my hair as often as i wish without having to dread detangling afterward. our hair takes a lot of planning, but once you get familiar with it it becomes second nature and you start to not see it as awful at all. it all has to do with a unique approach. i wash my hair as frequently as every 2-3 days and i rarely get breakage or anything, especially since my last cut. i would recommend a book called Tightly Curly, as it helped me bunches with not seeing my hair as a total albatross. 
good luck! let us know how it all worked out. i'd hate for you to put a chemical in it,simply because, as veemack said, relaxers and texlaxes require SOOO much more work in order for you to keep your hair healthy. give natural another shot, and see how it works out. i have few products to recommend simply because the only product i use is conditioner. and for me, almost any conditioner goes. so long as it aids in your detangling process, it's all you need, especially if you follow the tightly curly or the naturallycurly method. whichever one. 

Sugar.Bits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sugar.Bits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

If you want to wear your hair out and straight you can also try heat training. A lot of people will tell you to stay away from heat styling at all costs, but there is nothing wrong with it if it is done with the proper products, and is done in moderation like once or twice a month, even weekly if you can do it without damaging your hair.

A short description of heat training: http://madamenoire.com/112628/is-heat-trained-hair-for-you/ - http://madamenoire.com/112628/is-heat-trained-hair-for-you/ 

Hope I helped someBig smile

I'm a bit late, but I want to tell you the heat training is not something you want to do. "Heat training" is when one intentionally damages their hair so that it stays straight. This is not good and can ultimate lead to breakage.

I'm not trying to scare you away from heat or anything since I do get blow outs from time to time, but please don't this... you don't need to damage your hair just to get it straight. 
Saniyah5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saniyah5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 11:54pm
I think you just need a good detangler.... when i was transitioning i used just for me 2-1 (the best) its much better when you cut it off tho but i know how hard it is to do the big chop lol (i cried) also you can do a honey and EVOO deep conditioner that helps 
BrownnShuga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:28pm
Hey ladies, apologies for not replying or keeping in contact for so long, I've started a new year in college, so there's lots of work, and I just moved into a new home which took up alot of my time, I also got a part-time job, which has taken up even more of my free time!!

Being so busy it makes me wonder how I could even be taking care of my hair as much as you ladies do!! Some here have big families, working everyday and STILL manage to take time out for their hair.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="130">
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:59pm
I'd just like to th
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="105" -offsettop="15">
ank you allll for the really helpful replies, and all so fast, I have tried to take all of your help and try and apply it to myself i.e having it in braids whilst washing (@Swift) even though half
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="25" -offsettop="47">
way through, those braids had undone themselves lol, maybe I should have done them smaller.

Also using natural oils (@Saniyah5) very helpful, I'm trying to use natural hair oils only - such as olive oil/coconut oil.

Also @Veemack thanks for suggesting KISS, and all the really helpful and encouraging info I have subscribed to her YouTube channel and once I am ready to start my hair journey properly, I will be signing up to her website.

BUTTTT now for what I've done with my hair for the past 3 (almost 4!) months, I'm quite dissapointed with myself and the plan slightly backfired on me :( 

Sept- Mid Oct - Crotchet, curly- water wave

Mid Oct- Late Nov - Crotchet, curly - water wave
When braiding after washing, hair was much more softer and less painful, not as bad as before!Big smile

Late Nov - Present - Straight weave with horseshoe leave outShocked

< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="470">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:30pm
Sooo, this is where it went a bit pear-shaped :(

I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below)

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912. - http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912.html

I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense)

I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol.

Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.

As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere

This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Angry But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clap and I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight

So I did the weave, and since then I've been straightening the leave out (NOT GOOD!) soo now I have split ends!! #LessonLearnt

You can check out my hair on instagram
@Mz_ALC

Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far!!!
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="300" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="2">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownnShuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:32pm
< ="RDVideo" ="application/x-rn-downloaderpepperflashvideoshim-plugin" ="" width="0" height="0" -offsetleft="2" -offsettop="3">
Sooo, this is where it went a bit pear-shaped :(

I attempted to go for the texlax method, so I bought a kids relaxer, I found there are several ways of texlaxing (see below)

http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912. - http://voices.yahoo.com/how-texlax-hair-simple-texlaxing-techniques-4823912.html

I thought the idea of reducing time wouldn't be good because I have ALOT of hair which is very thick therefore the chemicals would have been in my hair for long anyway (hope that makes sense)

I bought soft and beautiful (I think) which also had a colour code shampoo which was really helpful, I never knew that existed lol.

Before applying the relaxer, I prepooed, (hope that's the right word) my hair with EVOO, I coated my hair from root to tip and left it overnight.

As said before I have a lot of hair which is very thick, we ran out of relaxer!!, My mum had to use it sparingly to make sure she got some everywhere

This obviously resulted in some areas to be more processed than others Angry But i should have known to buy two because after all its for a child lol Clap and I was not happy with the results it was like I had never relaxed it at all! yet the edges were very straight

So I did the weave, and since then I've been straightening the leave out (NOT GOOD!) soo now I have split ends!! #LessonLearnt

You can check out my hair on instagram
@Mz_ALC

Huge update guys thanks for reading if you got this far
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:49am
Shuga whats going on with your posts?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>