Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Serena Williams and Sloane Stephens aint pals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 2:19am
Sucks but move on, she isn't your buddy. Never heard anybody say she was nice. Most have said she is highly competitive and rude.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:25am
i'm kinda torn.  on one hand....Serena don't have to say nothing to you.  She don't know u.  On the other hand....I just feel like as an older WOC in the game...at least give a head nod of acknowledgement.  She don't have to mentor her but....quite frankly if Serena "took her under her wing"....it would look hella good for Serena's PR.

But yeah...I understand she might be hurt cause she might have looked up to her but...most star athletes are jerkish and primadonna's.  it is what it is.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:31am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

In the interview, Stephens said that she is still upset that the Williams sisters did not sign a poster she had of them when she saw them at a Fed Cup match when she was 12.

“I waited all day [for an autograph],” she said. “They walked by three times and never signed our posters.”

Stephens said because of that, she eventually decided that Kim Clijsters would be her favorite player.

Serena has never said that she was consistently mentoring Stephens, although she has been asked many times about it. She did work with Stephens a bit during a 2012 Fed Cup tie in Ukraine.

“It's hard to be a real mentor when you're still in competition,” Williams said prior to their Australian Open quarterfinal. “But I'm here to compete and do the best I can, as well as she. And she's been doing really amazing. I'm really happy [for her].”

lmfao, ole girl been mad for 8+ years over an autograph ?

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:32am
After Serena retires maybe. She says she is happy for her. Sloan is really suppose to approach Serena since she is the younger.
They are competitors for now. See no issue
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 5:37am
Serena won't be happy till she beats Sloane so she needs to get with the program and stop expecting preferential treatment just cuz she's black.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 6:07am
This reminds me of those threads where people complain about being expected to smile and be pretentious to make other people feel comfortable.

Lol
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 8:17am
Let serena be salty in peace
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 8:53am

Serena won't ever talk to her now.

But she is rude as hell though. I'll still cape for her in public but will huff "wit her ol ugly ass" under my breath.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 9:04am
 Sloane probably should have kept that to her self.  just because you have feelings and ideas running through you head dont mean theyre based on truth.  you got balls to hit focus on that and stop letting these reporters use you.

i remember when i was about 19 or 20 this older black woman accosted me at work and asked me why im always staring at her (we worked in different offices) and rolling my eyes like she did something to me.  i quickly told her not only do i not know who she is but i cant see anyone in the next department without my glasses let alone picking out people to roll my eyes at.  she stood their for second looking stupid and said well im sorry then.  Ermm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Sloane probably should have kept that to her self.  just because you have feelings and ideas running through you head dont mean theyre based on truth.  you got balls to hit focus on that and stop letting these reporters use you.

i remember when i was about 19 or 20 this older black woman accosted me at work and asked me why im always staring at her (we worked in different offices) and rolling my eyes like she did something to me.  i quickly told her not only do i not know who she is but i cant see anyone in the next department without my glasses let alone picking out people to roll my eyes at.  she stood their for second looking stupid and said well im sorry thenErmm

Lol, I'm glad that she had the initiative to ask rather than let it fester, though.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic