Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

SENSITIVE TO COLD WIND?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
rayah882006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayah882006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SENSITIVE TO COLD WIND?
    Posted: Aug 10 2013 at 8:05pm
Hello.  I want to get some feedback from others to see if someone may know what is going on or if they have experienced this. For starters I need to point out that I live in an area where it doesn't typically get too cold in the winter, so I don't often experience this wind sensitivity.  But on days when it is really cold and the wind hits my face, red welts (the best I can describe them) start to form after just a few minutes of me being outside.  I have to go somewhere very warm and wait for about 30 minutes for it to slowly go away.  I even tried to wrap a scarf around my face, but welts still form (not as bad, but still noticeably red and strange looking)  Is it possible to be allergic to the wind??  I don't think I could live in an area where it's really cold in the winter...I would be red all over.   

Also, if I am outside for a long time in the cold, my body, my arms and legs will even start to get red areas on them.  I wouldn't say they are welts, just red and very noticeable clusters on the skin.  

Edited by rayah882006 - Aug 10 2013 at 8:23pm
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 11:23am
Not unusual at all.  Basically it is called cold urticaria and it is not life threatening.  I experience a different form of it but if it is bothersome, maybe seeing a doctor who might prescribe some non-drowsy antihistamine.  I should schedule with a doctor to get some Claritin or Zyrtec.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply