BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Sensitive Skin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

SENSITIVE TO ALL HEAT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
imjusst2much View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imjusst2much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SENSITIVE TO ALL HEAT
    Posted: Nov 26 2008 at 8:33pm
I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.......My skin is very sensitive to ANY heat! In the summer, if i'm in the sun, my skin will not only itch like crazy and turn red and blotchy from me scratching soooo hard!! That's not all, even if I eat something hot(soup, coffee etc) my mouth will start to itch inside. If my dishwater is too hot my hands will itch.......really, really itch! I even tried to get a parfin wax on my feet, and uuugh $$#@&!!, it was torture.....itching really bad. I've tried sunscreen and it still doesn't work. I can't even enjoy thw sun in the summer bcs it breaks me out so bad and makes me itch and scratch something terrible!! I haven't taken the time to see a dermatologist yet, i just try to stay away from the sun/heat. I've heard of people being sensitive to the sun, but my sensitivity is not only sun, but any heat.Has anyone heard of this or experienced this?
Sponsored Links

tushay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tushay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2008 at 3:59am
i suffer from the same condition....when i am expose to too much sun light i get blisters on my face,inside on my arm pit or the back of my knees...i was told by my doctor that i am allergic to the uv rays....i dont know if there is any medication for it...but i use gold bond powder with menthol to help with the itching..and i try to stay in the shade or have a cute small umbrella on hand on hot days.....i hope that helps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imjusst2much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2009 at 5:31pm
Thank u, I have never heard anyone else say they suffer from this. I am going to make an appt with a dermatologist and I will let u know what the doc says as far as treating the condition. In the meantime, I'm going to try the goldbond. Thanks again!
vanity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2009 at 3:09pm
I thought I was the only one...my skin has really been acting up all week lolng..It started last monday at work..I was cleaning up and I thought It was the cleaning solution that I used..then on the way home the sun hit my skin and I started itching and scratching like crazy...Then today I went to run errands and I was miserable..what is crazy...I am in Florida...so this is not going to work..I am miserable now can you imagaine when it is summer time..The only thing that made my skin feel better was turning on the air conditioner...It seems like every winter, I go thru a major skin issue.. One of my favorite cousins has the same issue..she is even allergice to sunscreen..it makes her sick..so we are just miserable..
I have added almond oil to my shower gels and have taken cool showers, and have moisturized like crazy...and have taken an anti histamine this has worked..however I can't apply lotion every hour at work and the antihimstamine makes me sleepy..
My sisters coworker told me to try coconut oil so she just went to the health food store to buy some of that..and another coworker of hers said to try a couple of other oils..I am so miserable right now..
I also have in my backstock ..Eucerin and Aquaphor lotions and Aveeno..I am so miserable..I hate going thru this every year.

Edited by vanity1 - Feb 17 2009 at 3:11pm
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2009 at 9:15am
Hi!
I have the same problem and I am also allergic to most sunscreens

My routine:
1. Stay cool - I drink cold drinks all the time and wear clothing that is breathable. I also stick to the shade and out of direct sunlight for long periods.

2. I use hydrocortisone ointment and any of the Johnsons Baby oil gels mixed together on my skin in the summer. Cortisone is addictive, but I don't care ... it works.
With that combo I am able to enjoy some outdoor activities (not for hours in the sun though, I am not that brave) without burning up.

3. If I already have welts, I use the Hydrocortisone ointment to shrink the welts and end the itching.

4. I take Chlor-Trimeton OTC tablets. My cousins are in the UK and its sold over there commonly as a remedy for those with itchy skin or rashes caused by sun allergy.

HTH!

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2009 at 3:14pm

I just had to avoid going outside for the past few days because I had a heat rash breakout from being out in the sun. I used spf70 sunblock and waited until after 5pm to go out. I've had trouble trying to sleep because I have to keep going to splash cold water on myself to help the painful itching.

I hope I'm not allergic to my sunscreen!!! 

GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2009 at 11:08am
^^
Its possible that you are ...
Try Hydrocortisone ointment on your skin.
The itching will go away pretty quickly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imjusst2much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2009 at 12:31am
I recently went to the dermatologist for this problem and i'm not sure he understood black people skin. He kinda rushed over what I was saying and just gave me a prescription for cream to sooth the itching and told me to go see my family physician bcs it may be an issue with my thyroid. He says people with thyroid problems are highly sensitive to the sun. Although this may be true, I'm not sure this is what my problem is because i can even eat hot soup and the inside of my mouth itches, or I can sit under the hair dryer and my scalp turns red and itches soooo bad and my face swells up, so it's not only heat from the sun that bothers me but ANY heat, even if the water that I shower with or wash my hands with is too hot, i itch miserably!
absolutkaos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote absolutkaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 09 2009 at 2:53am
wash your face as much as you can and use sunblock
cinamonwish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinamonwish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2010 at 7:56am
That you have is rosacea I have it to, avoid hot, sun, to much cardio work out, and spicy food...
I keep it under control by using metro gel or metronidazole, there are also antibotic for that but only if it is serve rosacea I didn't used them. Also do not use piling, just very gentle cleansers, with no alcohol or scrub in it, everything need to be gentle.
Zinc is good to, you have them in baby creams for bottom.
Coconut milk and raw honey helps to if you love natural remedies, as cleaning with Epsom salt.
Avene have creams for it Dirosel and for calming skin Anitrogues, but since in USA more remedies you can search and find on line, like physicians formula and similar.
Try search on line for more.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>