Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ComplexxDiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Senegalese Twist Question..I am not satisfied
    Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 11:34pm
I really hope that I am overreacting but I just spent 12hours in a shop yesterday getting these twists and today I am not happy with them.  I believe the braider used entirely too much hair because my head feels very heavy, heavier than normal when in braids.  They are also too thick.  I cannot even put them into one big loose ponytail.  I love how she did the twists themselves but something isnt right about these.  I thought maybe it was because they were rodded was the reason why the look so full but I really think too much hair was used because I myself got 6 packs from the back when I arrived yesterday and I know the braider must have walked back there two more times.  I hate to call this lady back because last night I was oohing and ahhing over them because they are pretty but these things are too heavy and I want them redone or either my money back.  I know I am about to catch hell because I went to an African Braid shop and I left satisfied at the time but a day later I am not because I dont think it would be business appropiate to wear my hair down at work and I got micro twists because I assumed that I would be able to style them as I do when I have micros and I cant.

Any suggestions
Sponsored Links

Nigerian queen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2009 at 6:43am
how long are they? were you asked what size you wanted them? picsWink

Edited by Nigerian queen - Feb 18 2009 at 6:44am
triplet1_3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2009 at 10:17pm
I had twists for about a month...first time and last time i'll ever get them. Dont get me wrong they LOOKED cute BUT they were so heavy! I couldnt really do too much with them and had a hard time putting it up in a ponytail since it was so thick...its so different from when i wore braids. When i finally did take them out my hair was so dry..I washed my hair every week but didnt seem that way when i took them out. Only reason i kept them in a month is cause i payed too much to take them out after only a couple weeks.
fbwbbw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2009 at 9:27pm
unfortunately sengalese twists are better for decoration then they are for an actual style i did them myself and after two weeks of costantly strugling with trying to style them and feeling my head was going to fall off from the immense weight i found i didnt want to get them professionally so micros it is also do your best not to go with africans i have only had One good experience with them and all my friends and associates close to 30 have no had hardly any, good luck with that
nubianbaby219 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2009 at 9:05am
Girl u know they gone be pissed if you come back up in their complaining. I always like to touch the twists and see the first couple ones they do. That way I can really decide if I like them or not. I hope it will work out. This is another reason why I'm trying to learn to put nice neat twists in my own hair instead of paying all that money to someone else.
JdAsh06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2009 at 1:18am
i have a question and i may be a geek for askin but im new to the whole natural thing and i am currently wearing kinky twist and i love them except im trying to find hair that doesnt get so fuzzy... anyway the point of this was to ask what is the difference between the senegalese twist and the kinky twist? please post pics if u have them
Nese*aka Neenne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2009 at 1:03am
Yes I would like 2 know 2 ...and i would like 2 c sum Senegalese twist....wer can i find pics
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic