BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Selling Hair Isnt The Same

Post Reply Post Reply

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling Hair Isnt The Same
    Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 1:35pm
yep, the market is oversaturated.   Everyone is trying to sell hair.    Horrible hair at that!
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 1:40pm
OP was the vendor Sanjeev Katoch?(he as a rep on this board and elsewhere)
Aihtnyck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Aihtnyck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by jajamzie jajamzie wrote:

I wrote a blog on www.iknowthatanswer.com/blog a while back about how profitable selling indian hair was back in the early 2000's. I remember when you could buy a kilo of 18" for about $60 and sell each piece for $75 or more. I had a website and everything setup. It was amazing how easy it was to make money back then.
 But it seemed as soon as the manufacturers in India saw these online prices we were charging, they decided they wanted to get in on the action and then our competition became our very own vendors. And now it seems everyone in India wants a piece of it now. 
 About 6 months ago I thought about getting back into it. I ordered about $1,200 of hair because I dealt with this guy before and he came through. This time It took months to get and the hair was all jacked up. I called him and he told me to take pictures and send it to him. I did, even though I know he already knew about this. Later he said it wasn't his hair.
 I wanted to fly out there and beat his butt. I wanted to call the Indian police. I wanted revenge. But then I looked at it as a loss and thought from that day on, I'll never do it again. Short hair aint that bad.
 So I'm realizing that it's not that profitable to start selling again. When I used to get bad hair in, I couldn't return it, and I wouldn't sell it because I wanted to keep my name good. I just won't get into it again..

Sorry for that OP Ouch. Soooo frustating. 

That's why I don't want to deal with IVs and CVs anymore. If they send you trash, you have no sure way of getting your money back. You can't even threaten them of anything but to put their name on BHM/Youtube and then they will start again under another name Angry. I prefer making the middle man a billionnaire.

My mum has had her business for a few years nows, so she built a "relationship" with her CV. Yet she never fully trusts him and always takes her precautions. 

Btw, it's been a loooong while I haven't heard a good review about any IV. Are they all scammers now ?

Edited by Aihtnyck - Jan 30 2014 at 2:19pm
CurvyGirl27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CurvyGirl27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 2:30pm
I think that's where the appeal of purchasing from an AV comes from. Though you're paying a markup, you at least have a point of recourse if you get sent some crap, whether you can file a dispute through PayPal or do a chargeback with your credit card company. But when you Western Union or bank transfer that money to an IV or CV, you're SOL if they send you crap and that's usually exactly what they do because they know you can't do anything about it. 

If I do order from a CV I do it through Aliexpress and I only do it when I can pay with my debit card because I know my bank has my back. If your purchase can't be protected, don't do it. I've lost so much many messing around with these lying ass CVs and IVs that I've learned better. They can't be trusted. I'm sorry that happened to you. 
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 2:33pm
I cant Western Union/Money Gram you not $5 of my coin and American Express will always have your back.
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 4:20pm
I agree with the other ladies. I only purchase with my credit card so I can file a dispute.

OP - sorry this happen to you.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:33pm
Sorry this happened.

However....I'm sure you could sell the hair at somewhat of a discount around here and ladies would take their chances with a bleach bath. Just be upfront about it. You could make at lease some of your money back.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 1:25pm
I did once order from Aliexpress. I was sold fillers.
Good thing for that vendor that they weren't in America. It would have gotten interesting.
But nah, I'll never do it again.
I don't mind spending money for hair, I just like a very basic do anyway. I am sorry for the bad experience.
marie67 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote marie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2014 at 2:20pm
Iused to sell Indian Virgn hair a few years ago,and the prices for the kilo's had gone up to the point where it wasn't economical anymore to make a decent profit unless I jacked up my prices high. Also dealing with virign hair is very tricky because it isn't processed and no two bundles are the sam since each bundle comes from different people, so when i would receive my orders, I would end up not selling all of the bundles because they weren't all sellable! This is the natural hair game and it can become expensive because you can't recoup your money on the unsold bundles. a decent vendor now is asking at least 500and up for kilo's and you still have to pray that you like all of the bundles.
lildeevah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildeevah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by marie67 marie67 wrote:

Iused to sell Indian Virgn hair a few years ago,and the prices for the kilo's had gone up to the point where it wasn't economical anymore to make a decent profit unless I jacked up my prices high. Also dealing with virign hair is very tricky because it isn't processed and no two bundles are the sam since each bundle comes from different people, so when i would receive my orders, I would end up not selling all of the bundles because they weren't all sellable! This is the natural hair game and it can become expensive because you can't recoup your money on the unsold bundles. a decent vendor now is asking at least 500and up for kilo's and you still have to pray that you like all of the bundles.
I remember purchasing hair from you during that time too. That was back when everyone wasn't constantly trying to scam each other.

Your hair was always fabulous btw.Smile

I recently stopped selling hair because I couldn't deal with ratchet customers who want 32" of hair but don't want to pay for 32" of hair.  They also don't want to understand that when I tell them Brazilian Hair isn't from Brazil, I'm not telling them that to stop them from buying from anyone else, I'm just telling them the truth.

Oh well.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply