Self Taught or training?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
mscaribbeanma View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mscaribbeanma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self Taught or training?
    Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 12:06pm
Ladies, I love this hair board and hope to one day be as good as you all when it comes to hair and make-up. I was just wondering are you self taught or did you receive training or are you hair stylist? Did you teach yourself how to do everything? like applying closures, doing self installs etc
Sponsored Links

veedubbz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote veedubbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 2:25pm
I have taught myself to self install, sew down closures, make closure wigs and uparts etc etc... and braid.

everything I have learned has been from various hair boards and youtube.

But I hate doing my own hair, it takes me much longer than someone else doing it. -_-

Still working on the make up part. CryLOL
Petiteagneau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Petiteagneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 3:39pm
Self taught! It saves so much money, time, and you can uninstall, reinstall anytime you like. In addition, you have more control over the look of my hair and dyeing, etc. I have yet to make a wig but I can do any sew in (with bangs), braids, twists, etc. Youtube is great for learning basically anything, and all you need is nimble fingers and patience. I'll be installing a red ombre full sew in this next week on my blog: http://goddesshair.blogspot.com/
LaTreMagnifique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LaTreMagnifique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 5:00pm

Self taught.

My mother is a cosmetologist and so I have some knowledge of certain processes/techniques via her advice/instruction.

I have also braided in several shops since the age of 14. That skill is also inherited from my mother. But I personally believe that braiding is a young persons trade and now in my mid 20's, my moderately severe carpal tunnel prevents me from braiding anyone's hair but my own. 

I have improved upon methods and broadened by toolbox of tricks via blogs, YouTube, and BHM.

Edited by LaTreMagnifique - Jan 02 2014 at 5:03pm
xx_quanna_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xx_quanna_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 10:48pm
YouTube taught mehLOLLOL
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 11:21pm
BHM and youtube!
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:30am
BHM YT and cos school
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 1:56am
Purely self taught!!

It took me a while and some ratchet installs to get here, but now my hair is laaaiiiddd
ivy07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivy07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 2:13am
self taught,BHM and youtube
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 7:05am
Self taught, YT and here even though I havent done a self install in awhile.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic