Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Self Installers, why not make money?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 4:07pm
People too damn bald headed.
Sponsored Links

ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:46pm
I swear I just went through this. I've been doing hair for years and just started offering the "wig" install. I moved to a new area and my sister came down a little after us. I always do her hair so after she started working at her new job, all her fellow employees started coming to me. Keep in mind, all my clients love their styles, but this new chick from her job came by last night. I did her hair and it was descent, except her hair was THIN AS $HIT up top. I laid her leave out a certain way to cover up the tracks, because her hair is SUUUPER THIN, but she kept fkin with it in the mirror and was complaining about how she can see her track. Im cussing this b!tch out the entire time (in my head, of course lol) and I offered for her to wear it for a day, and if it's still bothering her, to come over the next night to get it done. Well, I guess I didn't move fast enough for her, so she was pissed when I finally called her to come by and get it redone. She had an attitude the entire time but I kept it professional of course. This time, I left waaaay more out up top (keep in mind, her hair is like 2-4 inches long)  . Her hair was laid to the gawds, and even her daughter commented on how pretty her hair looked. She went to the mirror and yet again started going at her leave out. There was nothing AT ALL to fix. Then she gave a slight complaint about how the track in front was showing. I swear I wanted to give her a high-five to the face. But yet again, I kept it professional, and gave her a tip on how to cover it up (basically telling her nicely to put it back the way I had it before). She was happy after that (sideways lookErmm) You can't come in with thin ass hair and expect to magically have diana ross thickness on your leave out when you're finished. C'mon son!
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:56pm
^^^^Exactly
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:04am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

People too damn bald headed.
Dead
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 12:08am
I do weaves and wigs for extra money but I'm getting tired of some new comers wasting my time. I actually enjoy doing hair for the most part but I think I'm going to stick to my regulars. I don't have time for people making appointments then canceling at the last minute, showing up late or not canceling at all as if I have nothing better to do with my time. -_-
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 2:13am
Originally posted by miiszjanae miiszjanae wrote:

I do weaves and wigs for extra money but I'm getting tired of some new comers wasting my time. I actually enjoy doing hair for the most part but I think I'm going to stick to my regulars. I don't have time for people making appointments then canceling at the last minute, showing up late or not canceling at all as if I have nothing better to do with my time. -_-

This too... I had a family member text me the Friday before Christmas... I had plenty of other things to do but I told her I would do it anyway, then she cancelled at the time of the appointment. SMH
Lthomas3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lthomas3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:05pm
I do braids as a part time extra income  but mainly for returning clients. All the females in my family generally are good at hair as they come from Gambia.

i am reluctant to take on too many new clients because firstly I work 45 hours outside of this and secondly people will send you images of Beyonce, buy some crappy hair and want you to work magic. i cant wait to be able to post images to show you all some of the hot messes I have had to rescue.

Anyhoo just recently started doing u parts (practicing on myself and would prefer to do that longterm as it takes fewer hours and it is much easier to put someones else's vision into reality this way.
BeautyAddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeautyAddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:54pm
I dont like dealing with people like that !!
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MzCaliky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:22pm
Yes to the crappy hair! I try to tell people and cringe when they bring human blends lol and really think they doing the most!
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:41am
1. It's time consuming
2. I can do something ratchet underneath my own FLW/weaves knowing that my braiding is so-so but I wouldn't do that to someone else who I know would freak out.
3. People's attitudes often leave a lot to be desired
4. Considering how much time goes into doing my own hair, if I was to do other ppl's hair, I'd want to charge a lot bc I tend to be a perfectionist and in this economy so many ppl expect a CL weaver/braider to be dirt cheap.
5. Not everyone is clean. I've had friends tell me horror stories of them going to someone's house to do hair and finding the person's hair/scalp unbelievably dirty or so snarled and knotted that it took them nearly 2 hrs just to detangle before they could actually start what they had come to do.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>