BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Self Installers, why not make money?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Brilaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:59pm
I agree with most of the above reasons. Also I personally don't do hair for others because I know my hair, I know how much tension exert when braiding, I know what parts of my head can't be braided, what products to use and etc. + I have the ability to tweek the install down the line, if necessary.  
Sponsored Links

chocolate03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chocolate03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 3:47pm
Don't have the patience. Even when you are giving someone a discount they have all of these outrageous demands and want you to go above and beyond smh. One of my friends wanted me to dye her weave, braid her hair, and do a full sew in for $40. That was the end of doing installs for me smh.
blackarosoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackarosoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by beana3 beana3 wrote:

Because people are always trying to low-ball, cancel, not value my time, etc and I cant be bothered with that. Ive done a few installs for family/friends and at the moment thats all im willing to do.
me too
SweetEscape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetEscape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:35pm
Between work and school I really don't have time to work in someone else's schedule to do their hair. I never finish my installs in one sitting and my braids look like your baby cousin did them.
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:00pm
Do to the virgin hair craze people just don't want to pay for a good sew in. Think about it, it takes every bit of 8hrs to do a good install where the tracks not slipping and/or the braids unraveling but customers only pay $75 for the install. 
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:57am
Originally posted by hairfanatic501 hairfanatic501 wrote:

Do to the virgin hair craze people just don't want to pay for a good sew in. Think about it, it takes every bit of 8hrs to do a good install where the tracks not slipping and/or the braids unraveling but customers only pay $75 for the install. 

8 HOURS THOUGH?? Shocked
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:02am
I have an issue with people's expectations, they come with chewed up brittle leave outs and want their Bobbi Boss to blend perfectly. Or they buy cheap hair and ask me how long it's going to last. I have never had an issue with tracks slipping or anything but I have an issue when people use very cheap hair and three weeks later, when it's a rat's nest, want to let people know that I am the one that did it. I don't want my name associated with all that.

I also agree with hair fanatic, people do nto want to pay what the hairdo is worth. I generally charge friends and family $80, which to me is a steal because I cut and style the hair as well. But it's just not worth it to me for four hours.
*SUCCMIDRY* View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *SUCCMIDRY* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 11:58am
I did, when I needed the money. The reason i don't all the time is because I have no where to work but from home and thats not the safest...
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:40pm

I'm not a people person
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote missyo67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by whitrhymes whitrhymes wrote:

Originally posted by hairfanatic501 hairfanatic501 wrote:

8 HOURS THOUGH?? Shocked
I think 6-8 hours is a good estimate.
My braids take a little over an 1.5hrs to do (that's with me being shampoo'd blowdried)
The stitching takes about 2.5 hours. (My installs last 10 weeks+ without broken stitches)
The cutting takes about 30 minutes to get it right
Styling takes about 1hour or less.  The other time is fluff/business as usual in the salon. (prepping/etc) 6-8 hours is what I mentally prepare for.  All my other 3-4 hour installs were CRAP.

Edited by missyo67 - Jan 07 2013 at 2:50pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System