Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Self Esteem workshop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarrahTheLibra View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarrahTheLibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:05pm
Keep God (or your center) first.

Listen to your spirit. Be true to YOU. 

Drink a lot of water! Idk it makes me feel good.

Meditate. Relax. Inhale. Exhale.

Laugh as much as you can. 

Hold on to a smile as long as you can.

Don't take things so serious. We are all human.
Sponsored Links

FarrahTheLibra View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote FarrahTheLibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

I'm really vain( I'm a leo so...), however I'm realizing that being into your looks means that you're confident in them at all. It's the opposite. I'm trying to find a balance because I'm really subconscious of my flaws and I've been told it's in my head. It's a struggle. So I'm cruising in this thread and I agree with trying to not judge people. I realize that although I don't say what I'm thinking, I'm still internalizing the judgement, so that will have to stop. I also am trying to not taking everything personal( it really can make your life miserable). I just tell myself, "It's not all about you." But I also don't think it's all about the other person either. I just take the situation matter of fact and look at it objectively. I also have to tell my emotions to STOP. Because they really can cloud your judgement.

I used to have really poor self esteem( lord, my ratchet past). But it's gotten much better with age, but I know its a daily process.

OMG this!!! (and I'm a libra...we are just as vain) LOL

@ honeyb yesssssss!!!!!
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:08pm
I am a huge ruminator...So I really had to accept and let go of every mistake I made. I dwell on things too much and it can bring me down and distract me from the present.

I take good care of my body. I don't know about other people, but exercise makes me feel amazing physically and mentally. It gives me amazing confidence.

I keep good people around me. People that are doing well in their lives and it motivates me.

I stroke my ego a lot. I constantly have to remind myself of my accomplishments, no matter how far away my new ones may seem.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:25pm
Great thread OP. you are always so motivating and encouraging. I admire your positivity. 

I am highly self reflective, and so I work on my mental state continuously. 
I truly believe that a mentally sound mind is the key to the goodness in life. All good things flow to you when you are mentally sober and sound, things both spiritual and physical. 
That is the root of my self love. 

Edited by Derri - Dec 05 2012 at 6:29pm
prettiimamii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prettiimamii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:34pm
Imma take all these tips, i had low self esteem off & on since 3rd grade tbh so anything that can help me to not feel like shyt that isn't drugs I'll be cool lol

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:06pm
Realize that, despite appearances, NO ONE has it all figured out. We are all works in progress. This should take off some of the pressure. 

Thanks for your feedback ladies. I'll be watching, taking notes and contributing more to this thread as the thoughts come. 

UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:14pm
Love this thread!
weaves4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote weaves4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:31pm
OP, thank you for starting this tread. I will have to bookmark this so that I can read this throughout the day (especially while I'm at work).   
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:36pm

Build up on my talents
Improve my looks without obsessing over it

Stop trying to please everyone/ stop giving a fck
Being happy with what I already have

Being more comfortable with my weirdness and only accepting people who accept me
Strengthening my spirituality and connection with God
Learning new skills/trades
Going out by myself
Cutting people out of my life that are toxic or don't communicate with me anymore...
Acknowledge my accomplishments in case the "I am a loser" thought comes into my head
Exercise/detoxing regularly
Embrace people/situations/locations/ideas/items that entice my imagination.
Busy work (house cleaning, organizing papers, etc.)
Don't take criticism and negativity too seriously

...Just doing what makes ME happy.
313chick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 313chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:21pm

Build up on my talents
Improve my looks without obsessing over it
Stop trying to please everyone/ stop giving a fck
Being happy with what I already have
Being more comfortable with my weirdness and only accepting people who accept me
Strengthening my spirituality and connection with God
Learning new skills/trades
Going out by myself
Cutting people out of my life that are toxic or don't communicate with me anymore...
Acknowledge my accomplishments in case the "I am a loser" thought comes into my head
Exercise/detoxing regularly
Embrace people/situations/locations/ideas/items that entice my imagination.
Busy work (house cleaning, organizing papers, etc.)
Don't take criticism and negativity too seriously

...Just doing what makes ME happy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon