Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

self confidence or delusional?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 2.71  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 10:28pm
Wth everyone should accept themselves no matter what others think shouldn't go around bringing ppl down cause their not your meaning of pretty.
Sponsored Links

Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 11:55pm
I believe that there is nothing wrong with thinking that you are the ish... Even if you don't fit the European standard of "beauty". There is greatness in all of us and if you think you're a bad bish and have no need to put others down in the process, do you.. It hurts no one else to think you're the bees knees...
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 7:56am
Honestly? Umm people have been telling me I was 'pretty' my whole life. First my mother .. but I just thought she said that because she loved me. Hee hee! But then I got older and etc .. so for many years now - people describe me as 'beautiful'.

I am not saying that to brag .. I am saying that because I think if you are not given signals that you are pretty or whatever your whole life .. then that has got to set you up for another perception of who you are.

It's hard for me to live in their shoes and to know how they feel. Sometimes they will take this hard and become bitter and hateful so then ... people are gonna think they are unattractive both inside AND outside and blow them off.

Some folks take the high road though. Those are the ones that do the best they can with what God gave them. So, they get their hair together, their skin cleared up, their teeth straighten, wear decent clothes (not expensive) they just make sure are dressed decently and are freash and clean.

Yes, they develop themselves on the inside so they start to feel good about themselves and their accomplishments so then exude happiness, and beauty and yes .. they become attractive people that can pull a nice guy and have nice friends etc. People may not describe her as a beauty ... but they will describe her as attractive and will want to hang out with her.

Now, then there are girls that are very beautiful on the outside so .. they get a lot of attention. The problem is they relied too heavily on their looks and never developed anything on the INSIDE so they are arrogant and selfish etc .. and they MAY get a guy for a while .. but after a while he has to leave because he gets tired of how shallow she is. And this kind of girl has no girlfriends because even though she is beautiful .. she is jealous of anyone that not as beautiful ... but seems happier and has more going on for herself. So really, she has poor self esteem.

Then there are girls that are just somewhere in the middle.

I think .. in the end no matter how you look .. you have to develop yourself on the INSIDE if you want things to really show through on the outside.

(btw: Not to be shallow but ... if you don't like your lips or ears or nose or butt or breasts ... I don't see the point in going through life feeling bad about youself. Go and have surgery to have it corrected for goodness sakes. I am not saying go out do what Lil Kim or MJ did .. no, but if your nose is bothering you .. why not change it? I think a PROBLEM in the AA is that if you get something changed then everyone will be judging you because they think you want to be White. Hey, you can retain the shape of your nose - keep it ethnic .. and just have made smaller. When White people have too thin lips ... they get them fixed and made bigger and their White friends do not dog them and say they just to be Black. :(

Folks have gotta let up on PS guilt and AA people have got to have the backbone to change something and not be intimidated by what everyone else says.)

Edited by Printer_Ink - Apr 13 2013 at 7:58am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 9:09am
whaddup with the soliloquy? Ain't nobody gonna read all that...you betta edit & bold the valid points. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 10:02am
Lmaoooooooooooooo @ soliloquy
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 3:59pm
Say word? I've seen many a thread where folks have called women delusional because they "think to much of themselves". 

That said....u gotta be confident and work with what u got.  I ain't pretty by no stretch but...fucc it.  I do me anyways. Folks will always find something to say about u.

Edited by newdiva1 - Apr 13 2013 at 4:00pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 4:08pm

self-confidence should come from more than just looks

imo, looks should be the last thing your self-confidence depends on

princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

self-confidence should come from more than just looks

imo, looks should be the last thing your self-confidence depends on

that was so beautiful and uplifting to me. thanks for posting it. It really made my dayHugHug
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567