Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 10:32pm
well..

ummm.. i have a big head, and liked the title of the thread..

LOL

Edited by femmemuscleisback - Apr 08 2013 at 10:34pm
Sponsored Links

blb19803 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 4:59am
Femme.... Yes thanks. I remember growing up trying on baseball caps and the things just not fitting on my head! I had long forgotten about that until I started trying on wigs and realizing the avg size is just tooooo tight for my head. I've heard from a cpl ppl Oh it's prob bc you have thick hair. No! I have my hair cornrowed down to my scalp and have recently cut it so there's not a heaping amount of braid hanging so no not that. .. I just have a big head! Sucks but that's the way it is.
helenbelen111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by blb19803 blb19803 wrote:

Femme.... Yes thanks. I remember growing up trying on baseball caps and the things just not fitting on my head! I had long forgotten about that until I started trying on wigs and realizing the avg size is just tooooo tight for my head. I've heard from a cpl ppl Oh it's prob bc you have thick hair. No! I have my hair cornrowed down to my scalp and have recently cut it so there's not a heaping amount of braid hanging so no not that. .. I just have a big head! Sucks but that's the way it is.

Just posted my steps under a new topic name "Big Headed Beauties. How I made My wig" or something like thatSmile. Hope it helps!!!!
Lovin Lacewigs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 8:48pm
Good news, my head is bigger than yours 24.5 circumference and I have three lace wigs that fit. I was in a habit of getting hair weaves with quality hair and it was costing me $400 total.  $200 for the hair and $200 for the cornrow/weave.  I was ready for a lace wig.

The first one I made myself with the mesh cap from the beauty supply.  I had ordered a silk top closure piece from Bestlacewigs.com for the top part, it was very complicated to construct.  There was a horrid line of demarkation where the silk top meets the lace mesh that keeps me from enjoying the wig!  Plus after sewing on tracks, lightening the top to match and trying to match the silk top, it was NOT WORTH IT!  I still haven't worn it!  Anyway....

I ordered my first glueless wig (no silk top) from Bestlacewigs in M/L at the request of the sales person and it actually fit perfectly, too bad the hair was crappy and I had to bleach the knots, plus the lace was not light brown as promised and the #2 was more like a #4.  They shipped it superfast, but who cares when it is bad quality and not what you want. (If you try them, buy paypal, don't cut the lace if it's not what you wanted!)  

The wig I LOVE is from RPGSHOW (custom size) (not cheap because of custom size, silk top, and thicker density! $390) and it took about two and a half months to get.  It has a gorgeous silk top that truly matches my scalp so I don't have to worry about bleached knots.  It's a little more snug than the Bestlacewigs wig but the hair is a gorgeous light yaki that matches flat ironed hair, I can part it anywhere.  I can wet it down to change the part.  After cornrowing my hair flat, wearing a nude stocking cap and sewing in an elastic band (check youtube), it fits like a glove.  It breathes very well as the weather is getting warm and I can go without the stocking cap because of the silk top.  It looks best with my edges out because I got the 130% density to match my thick hair.  I am not a guru and I got a great wig.  I hope this helps.  Use paypal so you can get a refund if you are unhappy.  

Stay AWAY from the local beauty supply. That plastic hair.  The human hair matts like crazy (non-remy)  They have NOTHING for a larger head!!!!! Been there.  Good luck to you.  Feel free to ask me any questions if you have them.  Even once you find a wig that fits, you have to tweek it. Be patient. You have bought enough wigs already where you could have ordered a custom unit from RPGSHOW.  Save your money and invest in a quality wig.  Cornrow your hair tight and measure like 5 times.  You won't regret it!

I just ordered another wig in Large from Lacewigsfront.com.  I'll let you know how it turns out.   

I stay away from curly/wavy unit because they require so much processing which can make the hair weak. I may try one this summer, but I will research it further.  Most people who are unhappy with their hair purchase the curly/wavy units.  I might make my own with 2 packs of Bobbi Boss Indiremi Soul Wave for a curly summer look.  It is great hair.   

blb19803 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 9:17pm
I sure don't have $400.00 to spend on a wig. I tried making one recently using the guide of a you tuber and it was a fail but not as bad as I thought it was. I just want something that fits to cover my hair as I try to leave it alone for a while. Thanks for the info and reply.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic