Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SEDU IS NOT SO GREAT??

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
hairluuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairluuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEDU IS NOT SO GREAT??
    Posted: Jan 11 2016 at 12:35pm
Hi BHM family,

So I purchase the Sedu for $149 after hearing such great things about it by a highly respected member on the board. I saw the reviews and decided I will take the plunge and spend that amount on a flat iron. Well I am really disappointed in it. The Sedu did make my virgin wavy hair somewhat straight but it did not make it bone straight like I had heard. The result was a coarse, thick straight with some slight waves still left in it, not a bone straight like a hairstylist's iron would create. I even had it on the highest setting to see if that would work. I also flat ironed very small amounts of hair at a time to see if that was the issue. Still..this did not work. My Andis flat iron for $29 worked better than the Sedu when it came to straightening! Wow. I also went to a hair stylist and she took her flat iron from the flat iron stove(that all stylists have) and the hair was so bone straight and smooth perfection when she was done. My Sedu is sitting on a shelf because I no longer use it. Can someone please tell me if what I need is to buy one of those flat iron stoves and place the Sedu in there? Or something else? I am trying to achieve that bone straight result that the hair stylist's flat iron creates. What do I need to buy? Please help. Thank you!
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2016 at 2:24pm
im glad that I never bought a sedu. do not put it into the marcel stove.
if possible, do a old fashioned roller set on the hair (styling products are optional), then after the hair is completely dry, take the rollers out and flat iron straight in small sections. It should be bone straight with flow and movement. hth
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic